Monday, April 24, 2017

Mailbox Monday - 4/24/2017

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 ****************
Here’s a shout out to the administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit
Martha of Reviews By Martha's Bookshelf

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.

I had a good mailbox this week.

 **************
On Monday, April 17, I received:

1.   FOREVER SUMMER by Jamie Brenner, courtesy of Little, Brown, and Company and NetGalley.

 

 **************
2.  HELLO SUNSHINE by Laura Dave, courtesy of Elizabeth Breeden of Simon & Schuster and NetGalley.

 **************
3.  THE BOOK OF SUMMER by Michelle Gable, courtesy of Katie Bassel of St. Martin's Press.

A surprise hard copy of the book...thanks, Katie.  

The fun thing is I was actually reading the paperback copy Katie sent me last fall. 

 ************** 


17 comments:

  1. The last Monday in April....hard to believe.

    I hope you had a wonderful mailbox and have a great reading week.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Last Summer is so appealing to me right now. Can you tell I'm ready for summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh...summer can't get here fast enough.

      I want to sit on my porch and read and not be bundled up. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Laura.

      Delete
  3. I got Hello, Sunshine too. The two "summer" books look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we will enjoy it.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  4. Hello Sunshine has such a fun name! Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound fun.

      Thanks for stopping, The Book Filled Day.

      Delete
  5. Hi Elizabeth,

    You would think that come the end of April, three books with summer as their theme, would be most appropriate. However, given the weather change we can be expecting this week in the UK, I am not so sure!

    Temperatures are due to plummet and snow is making its way steadily down the country!

    A new hardback book is always a treat and it means that you can now pass on the paperback copy you have, so that someone else in your family and friends cicle can enjoy it :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your weather. It is chilly here too, but no snow in the forecast. We are to get much warmer temperatures toward the end of this week. I sure hope so.

      Oh yes...when I get multiple copies, I always share the extra copy.

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne, and stay warm.

      Delete
  6. Nice sunny, summer books! Just saw Hello Sunshine on another MM - sounds interesting. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the cover.

      Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      Delete
  7. It looks like you got some great summery reads this week! Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look fun - now we need the temperatures to cooperate. :)

      Thanks for stopping, DeniseF.

      Delete
  8. Looks like some good ones. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited about them.

      Thanks for stopping, Carol.

      Delete
  9. I so love the cover for The Book of Summer. Hope you have a great reading time with all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay.

      I actually finished The Forever Summer and have a review up today.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete