Friday, May 12, 2017

Book Beginnings - 5/12/2917

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from BEFORE THE RAIN FALLS by Camille Di Maio:


"Observers in the standing-room only gallery fanned themselves with newspapers, fidgeting and grumbling as they waited for the decision.  Sketch artists scratched away at their canvases, shading with their pencils, rubbing with their fingers until they'd created adequate representations of the scene."

This book has me falling in love with the characters.  Beautiful cover, beautiful story line, and beautiful, heartfelt characters.

I found this book on Suzy Approved Book Reviews - so glad I did.
********** 

Books Finished:

RISE & SHINE, BENEDICT STONE by Phaedra Patrick


Review is in the book's title.
**********
COCOA BEACH by Beatriz Williams


Review will be on June 27.
*********
THE BOOK OF SUMMER by Michelle Gable

Review is in the book's title.
******************




10 comments:

  1. This book keeps popping up in my friend's reading list. I'm so jealous you finished Cocoa Beach, I didn't get my copy from Harper...and I wrote them but no answer yet...ugh. Your recently reviewed books are here waiting for me. I started It's Always the Husband last night...promising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Always the Husband sounds good. Glad it is promising.

      After The Rain Falls is so good. I can't wait to get back to the book when it's time to stop reading. :)

      I hope you get Cocoa Beach.

      Thanks for stopping, Anita.

      Delete
  2. I don't think 1 bad book automatically means they're all bad. But if the 1st one I read wasn't good, I would be reluctant to read another. The flip side could also hold. I loved A Man Called Ove. But, then, I only got to page 125 of his My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She's Sorry. Tough call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent comment...thanks for sharing your thoughts.

      Thanks for stopping, The Book Sage.

      Delete
  3. This sounds good! I love the cover and how descriptive that beginning is. Glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my....it was a beautiful read.

      I finished it tonight.

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  4. I like the opening a lot! Thanks for sharing this one, Elizabeth. I'm glad that you're enjoying the book. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it and miss the characters. Absolutely loved the book.

      Thanks, Suko. Happy Mother's Day to you too.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. I think I'll have to look into Before the Rain Falls! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you enjoy warm characters and a marvelous story, you will want to read Before the Rain Falls.

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete