Friday, May 26, 2017

Book Beginnings - 5/26/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
I am out of town.  Will try to stop in as well as try to visit other blogs.
***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE CHILD by Fiona Barton:


 

"My computer is winking at me knowingly when I sit down at my desk.  I touch the keyboard and a photo of Paul appears on my screen.  It's the one I took of him in Rome on our honeymoon, eyes full of love across a table in the Campo dei Fiori."
********** 

Books Finished:
YOU'LL NEVER KNOW, DEAR by Hallie Ephron
A good mystery as always by Ms. Ephron. 

Review will be on June 7.
**********
BEFORE THE RAIN FALLS by Camille Di Maio

I found this book on Suzy Approved Book Reviews - so glad I did.  It was a beautiful, mesmerizing book with wonderful characters.

Review is in the book's title.
**********
COCOA BEACH by Beatriz Williams


Review will be on June 27.

******************



7 comments:

  1. Enjoy the book you are reading.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning on reading THE CHILD. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty good so far, but I haven't been reading too much.

      I am visiting my sisters, and we are having a wonderful time.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete
  3. I want all of these! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And....I hope you get all of them. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  4. All these sound and even look very good. Enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mystica.

      I did enjoy all of them.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete