Friday, May 5, 2017

Book Beginnings - 5/5/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from RISE & SHINE, BENEDICT STONE by Phaedra Patrick:



"As Benedict Stone huffed his way to work, the sweet smell of the cherry scones in Bake My Day made him forget for a moment that his wife, Estelle, had packed her purple suitcase and moved out of their home."

LOVING THE BOOK!!
********** 
Books Finished:

COCOA BEACH by Beatriz Williams


Review will be on June 27.
*********
THE BOOK OF SUMMER by Michelle Gable

Review will be on May 9.
*********
I FOUND YOU by Lisa Jewell

Lots of suspense and surprises.

Review is in the book's title.
 *********
THE BAKER'S SECRET by Stephen P. Kiernan

LOVED this book.  Review is in the book's title.
******************

19 comments:

  1. Benedict is such an adorable character.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Benedict! Thanks for sharing, and I want to know more.

    Here's mine: “A MOTHER’S CONFESSION”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it this morning. It is so sweet.

      If you read and enjoyed THE CURIOUS CHARMS OF ARTHUR PEPPER, you will love this book.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  3. Some good looking books. Enjoy.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I love all of them. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Sherry.

      Delete
  4. Love "Bake My Day" for the bakery's name. Details in the opening captured my interest: cherry scones (yum!) and purple suitcase. This sounds like a book I'd enjoy.
    My Friday post features The River of Corn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...such a clever name.

      It was a very sweet, uplifting read.

      Thanks for stopping, Sandra.

      Delete
  5. That's a great opening sentence. Makes me want to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it, Laura.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed reading the beginning of RISE & SHINE, BENEDICT STONE (yum!) and I'm glad you're loving this book! Have a super weekend, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good read, and yes...the sweets made me want to run to the pastry shop. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
  7. Well now I want cherry scones! This sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an uplifting read.

      Those scones do sound delish.

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  8. I want to read Benedict stone and I want a cherry scone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scones sound so delish, and the bakery name is so cute.

      The book was a sweet read. I hope you get to read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  9. I love the look of Cocoa Beach. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cocoa Beach was good.

      All of her books are good.

      Thanks for stopping, vvb32.

      Delete
  10. So many of these sound great. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the ones I have read.

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete