Sunday, May 7, 2017

Mailbox Monday - 5/8/2017

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 ****************
Here’s a shout out to the administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit
Martha of Reviews By Martha's Bookshelf

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.
I had a good mailbox this week.
**************
On Monday, May 1, I received:

1.  NOT A SOUND by Heather Gudenkauf, courtesy of Emer Flounders of Harper Collins.
 
ANOTHER SURPRISE this week!!  Thank you, Emer.  
Looks scary!!
**************
On Wednesday, May 3, I received:
1.  THE BOOK OF POLLY by Kathy Hepinstall, courtesy of Nora Demick of Penguin Random House.
2.  THE CHILD by Fiona Barton, courtesy of Loren Jaggers of Penguin Random House and NetGalley.
 
**************


23 comments:

  1. Happy Monday Mailbox!!

    I hope you had a great reading week and an even better mailbox.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'm envious that you got The Child. For some reason, I was not approved for it on NetGalley.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was approved by the publisher for a tour...that must be why.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  3. You've been getting lots of great looking surprises lately! Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...such fun.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  4. Another great mailbox for you, Elizabeth! And it's always more fun when they are surprises.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh....Yes...so much more fun for sure.

    Thanks for stopping, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elizabeth,

    All new to me authors this week, but I really like the sound of 'The Child' and 'Not A Sound'.

    I like it when a book arrives unannounced, that particular heavy thud of book through letterbox, is always very satisfying!

    Enjoy your books and have a good week :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "thud" is a fun sound. :) Mine was UPS so my "thud" was on the porch. :)

      Not A Sound is good...started it already. :)

      The Child is supposed to be a good read also.

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Surprises are always great! Hope you love it, best way to discover new books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yes....discovering new books is always a treat.

      Thanks for stopping, samstillreading.

      Delete
  8. I love a surprise book - hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been getting quite a few surprises lately. It has been fun.

      It is good...I started it already.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  9. I received Not A Sound as well, and get wait to get to it. I enjoyed The Child. I think I may have enjoyed The Widow a smidge more though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - I didn't read The Widow. I hope The Child is good.

      Not A Sound is good...I hope you enjoy it.

      Thanks for stopping, Lori.

      Delete
    2. I am reading The Widow and hope The Child is a good one!

      Delete
    3. Good to hear The Child is good...thanks.

      Thanks for stopping, Harvee Lau.

      Delete
    4. Thanks, and thanks for stopping, Mary Ann.

      Delete
  10. Not a Sound looks like a good thriller. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh...it was.

      Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      Delete
  11. Interesting books...happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete