Friday, June 2, 2017

Book Beginnings - 6/2/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
I am still out of town visiting my sisters.  Will try to stop in as well as try to visit other blogs.

Not getting too much reading done, but we are enjoying each other's company.
***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE CHILD by Fiona Barton:


 

"My computer is winking at me knowingly when I sit down at my desk.  I touch the keyboard and a photo of Paul appears on my screen.  It's the one I took of him in Rome on our honeymoon, eyes full of love across a table in the Campo dei Fiori."
********** 

Books Finished:
YOU'LL NEVER KNOW, DEAR by Hallie Ephron
A good mystery as always by Ms. Ephron. 

Review will be on June 7.
**********
BEFORE THE RAIN FALLS by Camille Di Maio

I found this book on Suzy Approved Book Reviews - so glad I did.  It was a beautiful, mesmerizing book with wonderful characters.

Review is in the book's title.
**********
COCOA BEACH by Beatriz Williams


Review will be on June 27.

******************






8 comments:

  1. Happy Reading!!

    ENJOY your weekend, and thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your reading this weekend, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me add that I enjoyed the book beginning, and that I received Flight Patterns (and another book by Karen White!). Thank you, Elizabeth!

      Delete
    2. Wonderful you received Flight Patterns.

      What is the other book?

      Thanks for letting me know, Suko.

      Delete
  3. I love the look of all of these...and The Child and You'll Never Know, Dear, are on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Child took a while to get good.

      A lot of characters to keep straight and connect.

      It is good around 50%. I am enjoying it.

      You'll Never Know, Dear is right up your alley. :) You will love it, Laurel.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  4. I hope you're having good family visit! I can't wait to read The Child, and I'm so bummed I didn't get an early copy of Cocoa Beach, mine was lost in the USPS or not sent and I didn't DL an egalley yet. I'll see Beatriz again in July. Love all her books. You'll Never Know Dear is in my stacks.....we are such similar readers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how we have similar tastes. :)

      The Child was slow at first, but got very good half way through.

      Oh no on Cocoa Beach...that's awful. Neat you will see Beatriz Williams in July.

      You'll Never Know Dear was good.

      ENJOY all of your current books, and hopefully you will receive the ones we just mentioned.

      Thanks for stopping, Anita.

      Delete