Friday, June 23, 2017

Book Beginnings - 6/23/2017


 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE WILDLING SISTERS by Even Chase:

"None of us can bear to touch his belt, so horrifyingly intimate.  But as we drag him across the lawn, it plows into the soil.  He's heavier than he looks, unwieldy."

What a good beginning, right?  

It is a bit of a mystery and family saga.

I am enjoying the book...my review will be on July 26. 
********** 
Books Finished:

THE SUMMER HOUSE by Hannah McKinnon

Review will be on June 29.
********** 
EVERY LAST LIE by Mary Kubica: 

Review will be on July 5.

**********
THE CHILD by Fiona Barton
Review will be on July 20.

**********
COCOA BEACH by Beatriz Williams
Review will be on June 27.
******************



9 comments:

  1. Reading anything you would like to share?

    Is it a book you can't wait to get back to?

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great beginning. The writing seems to have a bit of humor to it. Looks right for me.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some humor, but not much. :)

      It is a mystery with a Gothic flair.

      Thanks for stopping, Sherry.

      Delete
  3. I loved The Wildling Sisters...and Every Last Lie.

    I have The Summer House on my list, and I'm eagerly awaiting my copy of The Child.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE SUNSHINE SISTERS”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished THE WILDLING SISTERS late last night but didn't change my post. I really enjoyed it.

      You will love THE SUMMER HOUSE and THE CHILD.

      THE CHILD is a bit slow at first with too many characters to keep straight, but as it continues, it is VERY good.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that is quite a powerful beginning. The title reminds me of The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown, but this is obviously very different. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed THE WEIRD SISTERS.

      It is set in 1959 and the present. Yes...different from THE WEIRD SISTERS.

      Thanks for stopping, Roberta.

      Delete
  5. That certainly does make me want to know more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good opening.

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete