Monday, June 19, 2017

It's Monday! What Are YOU Reading? - 6/19/2017

http://bookdate.blogspot.com/
   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
********************
This is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at BOOK DATE!

Post the books completed, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish at some point.
 *************
Books Completed

HELLO SUNSHINE by Laura Dave - review will be on July 12 - finished June 18.

 *************
THE SUMMER HOUSE by Hannah McKinnon - review will be on June 29 - finished on June 16.

A lovely, heartfelt read.

 
 *************
EVERY LAST LIE by Mary Kubica - review will be on July 5 - finished June 10.

My first Mary Kubica book...a good thriller.

 *************
A RULE AGAINST MURDER by Louise Penny - review is in the book's title.  Finished June 7.

 
 *************
THE CHILD by Fiona Barton - review will be on July 20 - finished June 5.

A little slow at first, but got intense and interesting about half way through.

 *************
THE SUNSHINE SISTERS by Jane Green - review is in the book's title - finished May 22.

Excellent women's fiction.
 *************
THE ALMOST SISTERS by Joshilyn Jackson - review will be on July 11 - finished January 15 - I thought the book's publication date was February 15.  :)  I am not an over-achiever.  :)
 
************* 
Book Currently Reading:

THE WILDLING SISTERS by Evan Chase - review will be on July 25.

https://www.amazon.com/Wildling-Sisters-Eve-Chase/dp/0399174133/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496620770&sr=8-1&keywords=the+wildling+sisters
 *************
Books Up Next:


THE BOOK OF POLLY by Kathy Hepinstall - review will be on July 27. 
*************
THE COTTINGLEY SECRET by Hazel Gaynor - review will be on August 1
 
 *************
EMMA IN THE NIGHT by Wendy Walker - review will be on August 8

 ************* 
THE DAUGHTERS OF IRELAND by Santa Montefiore - review will be on August 15

*************
BEST INTENTIONS by Erika Raskin - review will be on August 29.

 

*************
LOVE AND OTHER CONSOLATION PRIZES by Jamie Ford - review will be on September 13

*************
SILVER THREADS by Bette Lee Crosby - review will be on September 12.


https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Threads-Memory-House-Collection/dp/099692146X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497137296&sr=8-1&keywords=silver+threads
*************



27 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! All new to me ones! a few of them look like great summer reads! Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look into Almost sisters, it's been doing the rounds. Will be looking out for your review on the new Fiona Barton. I've quite enjoyed The Widow.

    Such a great selection of books Elizabeth! Glad you are having so much reading fun.

    Hope you will have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having a great deal of reading fun...thanks, Mareli.

      The Almost Sisters was a wonderful read. The Child was good too.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  3. How do you juggle posting on GR and here? Do you post the same review summaries? I stopped posting on GR b/c I was participating in this meme because I hate being redundant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I post the same review on every site. :)

      I don't think we are being redundant. Some folks don't visit my blog or the other sites so anyone who visits Goodreads, my blog, or any other site get to see what I thought. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Stefanie.

      Delete
  4. Nice assortment of books. All are new to me though I've seen some around on other blogs. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy.

      I love my books!!

      Hope you are enjoying your first few days of summer and retirement.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. So many tempting books! I can't wait to get The Child...I already have The Sunshine Sisters, Emma in the Night, and The Summer House. I've read and loved Every Last Lie and The Wildling Sisters.

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am LOVING The Wildling Sisters and I am only on Page 10. :)

      You will love all the other ones you have listed.

      Have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  6. I have heard great things about The Child, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good read.

      Thanks for stopping, Marce.

      Delete
  7. I see some familiar titles. Enjoy your books. Summer vacation has begun and so has the extreme heat. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy summer vacation and leisure reading!!

      Thanks for stopping, pussreboots.

      Delete
  8. Some great books on the list. I really can't wait to read the Mary Kubica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my first book by her, and I enjoyed it.

      Thanks for stopping, Emma.

      Delete
  9. We have quite a few cross overs in your book list. Most I haven't read of those cross overs but do intend to. You have such a great line up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have similar tastes in books. :)

      I am excited about my lineup.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathryn.

      Delete
  10. Happy reading, and happy birthday, Elizabeth! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday greetings here and on Instagram. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the birthday greetings here and on Instagram, Suko.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  11. You've been reading some great books. I look forward to reading the reviews, especially The summer House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...I am very happy with all my books.

      See you when the review of The Summer House goes live.

      Thanks for stopping, Laura.

      Delete
  12. Some great books! Most of them are on my TBR list. Glad they are good ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear!!

      Thanks for stopping, Nise.

      Delete
  13. Woo lots of books happening. THE COTTINGLEY SECRET looks really interesting. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited about all of them.

      Thanks for stopping, Anna.

      Delete