Friday, August 4, 2017

Book Beginnings - 8/4/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE SPACE BETWEEN WORDS by Michele Phoenix:




"My name is Adeline Baillard, and my life may end today.  Or it may stretch its final throes into another dawn.  Existence is a flimsy thing.  I savor its fragility with every breath I take."
********** 
Books Finished:

AT WAVE'S END by Patricia Perry Donovan - review will be on  August 15.

A LOVELY read.

 ********** 
A KILLER HARVEST by Paul Cleave - review is in the book's title.

A true thriller.
 ********** 
THE BOOKSHOP AT WATER'S END by Patti Callahan Henry.

Review is in the book's title.

  ********** 
EMMA IN THE NIGHT by Wendy Walker.


A disturbing, psychological thriller.  Review will be on August 8.
 **********
THE COTTINGLEY SECRET by Hazel Gaynor


Review is in the book's title.
******************




9 comments:

  1. What are you reading?

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look wonderful. I'm still in the middle of The Bookshop....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a good read? I really enjoyed it.

      Thanks for commenting, Harvee Lau.

      Delete
  3. WOW! What an opening sentence!! Very powerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is intense.

      I haven't read too far yet, but the reviews say it is very good.

      Thanks for commenting, Erica.

      Delete
  4. I like the sound of that! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about 12% into the book.

      So far so good...not making any decisions about if I like it or not yet.

      Thanks for commenting, Lauren.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. The book was ok but has turned into a WOW!!

      I am enjoying it.

      Thanks for commenting, Mystica.

      Delete