Friday, October 13, 2017

Book Beginnings - 10/13/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from SEVEN DAYS OF US by Francesca Hornack:


"Olivia knows what they are doing is stupid.  If seen, they will be sent home--possible to a tribunal.  Never mind that to touch him could be life threatening.  But who will see them?  The beach is deserted and dark she can just see  few feet into the inky sea."
********** 


Books Finished:

THE STOLEN MARRIAGE by Diane Chamberlain - review is in the book's title.  

********** 
MILLARD SALTER'S LAST DAY by Jacob M. Appel.

Review will be on November 3.

 **********
DRAWING LESSONS by Patricia Sands.  Review is in the book's title.
**********
THE IT GIRLS by Karen Harper - review will be on October 24.  I have a teaser from my review on Goodreads.

 **********
THE BLACKBIRD SEASON by Kate Moretti - review is in the book's title.

 **********
THE WELCOME HOME DINER by Peggy Lampman - review is in the book's title.
 
******************



8 comments:

  1. Quite a few characters to keep straight for now.

    I hope it all clears up.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intrigued by the intro you shared, Elizabeth! I haven't heard of Seven Days of Us, but I'm definitely curious.

    I love the cover of The It Girls. I look forward to reading your review.

    I am glad to hear you enjoyed The Stolen Marriage. I have been eyeing that one.

    I am looking forward to reading The Blackbird Season. I've heard mixed things about it, but think I might like it.

    I hope you have a great weekend, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a "no touch" order because the doctors and health workers are dealing with a contagious disease. :)

      All three you mentioned were good. I LOVED The Stolen Marriage.

      Thanks for commenting, Literary Feline.

      Delete
  3. The blurb caught my attention, so I went to look up the book. Seven days of enforced quarantine? Sounds like plenty of opportunity for drama. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...the family will be quarantined for seven days since their daughter is coming back from treating patients with a contagious disease.

      Thanks for checking out the book, Roberta, and for commenting.

      Delete
  4. From that beginning, I have NO IDEA what Seven Days of Us could be about! Thanks for sharing it on BBOF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty vague beginning, isn't it?

      Thanks for commenting, Gillion.

      Delete
  5. Seven Days of Us sounds mysterious. I am intrigued. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete