Friday, October 20, 2017

Book Beginnings - 10/20/17

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE MISSING by C. L. Taylor:



"What do you wear when you peer into the barrel of a camera and plead for someone, anyone, to please, please tell you where your child is?  A blouse? A jumper? Armour?"

********** 


Books Finished: 

SEVEN DAYS OF US by Francesca Hornack - review will be on November 7.

  **********
THE STOLEN MARRIAGE by Diane Chamberlain - review is in the book's title.  

********** 
MILLARD SALTER'S LAST DAY by Jacob M. Appel.

Review will be on November 3.

 **********
THE IT GIRLS by Karen Harper - review will be on October 24.  I have a teaser from my review on Goodreads.

******************






5 comments:

  1. I actually didn't like THE MISSING and stopped reading last night. It was confusing.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Stolen Marriage, and I'm eager to read Seven Days of Us, which I just downloaded.

    I'm curious about The Missing.

    Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seven Days of Us was good.

      The Missing was hard to connect with so I have stopped reading it.

      Thanks for commenting, Laurel.

      Delete
  3. I just got this one and am really curious about it. I do love that beginning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it. I couldn't connect wit it.

      Thanks for commenting, Katherine.

      Delete