Friday, June 27, 2014

Book Beginnings - 6/27/14


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

 *****************
This week's book beginnings is taken from HUNTED by Elizabeth Heiter.

"He should have killed the old man.  The second he'd realized Harris had spotted him trespassing, he should've flanked the old man.  Just crept around behind him and snapped his neck."

"Baine, My Office Now!"  FBI Special Agent Evelyn Baine spun the chair in her tiny cubicle, but her boss was already slaming the door to his office."

HUNTED is definitely a book that will keep you awake reading and awake because you will be afraid to go to sleep.  :)
 
Would you want to read Hunted after this beginning? 
*****************
Books read and reviewed last week and worthy of mentioning. 

FREUD'S MISTRESS by Karen Mack and Jennifer Kaufman. 

Review is in the book's title.

 *****************

Would you want to read Frued's Mistress after reading my review?
 
What have you read over the past few weeks that stayed with you and you had to let everyone know about? 

*****************






15 comments:

  1. HUNTED is quite good. I am enjoying it even though it is scary.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunted sounds like a very scary book...not to be read at night. But I do love this kind! LOL

    Here's mine: “ MR. CHURCHILL’S SECRETARY”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunted sounds like an interesting novel. I gotta check it out...

    Here is my POST.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have to be in the right frame of mind to read this book, but it does sound like a good one. I'll add it to my list.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: INTERIOR DESIGNS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always game for a good, scary thriller. Thanks for sharing this one.

    My Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/06/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It isn't Stephen King scary, but has a storyline that will have you looking over your shoulder.

    Mr. Churchill's Secretary is a book I want to read.

    THANKS for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gautami - it is pretty good.

    I hope you get to read it. It is the author's first book.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is good, Sandra, but I know what you mean about being in the right frame of mind.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catherine...it is quite good.

    I haven't read a scary book in a while, so a nice change of pace.

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Talk about a forthright beginning! I would certainly continue to read this book. I like police/detective books :)

    Sparrow's BB & Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is pretty good, Claudia.

    THANKS for stopping. I hope you get to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great thriller! I'll definitely have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hunted sounds good to me the other book not so much...not because of your review but infidelity?? I stay far away from that drama train >.<

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is pretty good. Not Stephen King scary as I said, but scary enough.

    THANKS for stopping, Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fiza...yes...infidelity does seem to be prevalent, doesn't it?

    Famous folks seem to think it is ok, though.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete