Monday, July 28, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 7/28/14

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 **********************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

 ****************
I hope you had a good mailbox.  

I had an awesome week of books in my mailbox. 

 ****************  
How full or empty was your mailbox this week?
*****************
On Wednesday, July 23, I received:

1.  THE HOUSE WE GREW UP IN by Lisa Jewell, courtesy of Ariele Fredman of Simon & Schuster.


I love the cover, and it sounds so good. The title is very alluring as well.  

On Thursday, July 24, I received three books - it was a book feast!!  :)

1.  TAHOE GHOST BOAT by Todd Borg, courtesy of the author. 


 
I have read a number of Mr. Borg's books, and they are all awesome reads.  I am sure this one will be too.

2.  MADAME PICASSO by Anne Girard, courtesy of Emer Flounders of Harlequin/MIRA.


This was an unsolicited book, but I like surprises.  :)


3.  THE STORY HOUR by Thrity Umrigar, courtesy of Harper Collins and TLC Book Tours.


I am reviewing this book for a TLC tour for September 12.

I read her other book, THE SPACE BETWEEN, and it was excellent.

On Saturday, July 26, I received:

1.  AN UNSEEMLY WIFE by E. B. Moore, courtesy of Kayleigh Clark of Penguin Random House Books.



I first saw this book at the SPEED DATING session at the BEA.

2.  THE STORY OF LAND AND SEA by Katy Simpson Smith, courtesy of Harper Collins and TLC Book Tours.


I am reviewing this book for a TLC tour for September 26.


What books do you see here that you would want to read?  

How about your mailbox?  

Which title was one you were excited about seeing?

33 comments:

  1. I am glad a few of these books have scheduled tours because I wouldn't know which one to read first.

    The dates of the tours have made my decision. :)

    THANKS for stoopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been seeing The Story Hour everywhere!

    And The House We Grew Up In is on my list. Enjoy your books!

    Here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES POST



    ReplyDelete
  3. The House We Grew Up In was in my mailbox as well - I'm looking forward to reading it. I hope all of your new books are great reads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome mailbox. The House We Grew Up In and An Unseemly Wife sound really good. Enjoy!

    2 Kids and Tired Books MM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had "The House We Grew Up In" on pre-order I first heard about it!

    Happy reading, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, that's an awesome mailbox. I'm curious about An Unseemly Wife and The Story of Land and Sea. Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lucky you got Madame Picasso. I'd love to read that too. Can't wait to read Todd Borg's newest thriller!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you did have a great mailbox! The House We Grew Up In looks really good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An interesting list of titles in your mailbox, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am hoping The Story Hour is as good as The Space Between Us.

    I think The House We Grew Up in will be an amazing read.

    THANKS for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover of The House We Grew Up In.

    I hope to start it soon. I am sure it will be very good.

    Will look forward to your thoughts, Mary.

    Thanks for stopping, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping, Holly.

    They book look so good. Will be looking forward to reading them.

    I have to stop getting books, but they are all so good, I can't pass them up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping, Beth.

    I love it that we have similar tastes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was excited this week, Kathy.

    Lots of good titles, and a few I forgot about so that was even more fun.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping, Tribute Books Mama.

    I am very happy with my mailbox this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a marvelous collection of books. Many caught my eye.

    I've been meaning to start reading Thrity Umrigar's books, and your blog reminded me that I haven't yet.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. JaneGS....thanks for stopping.

    I am guessing that her book is going to be marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice week! The House We Grew Up In sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Under My Apple Tree. I am happy with my new books. :)

    I think The House We Grew Up in will be excellent.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Laura....thanks for stopping.

    I am looking forward to An Unseemly Wife.

    They all look so good don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't even know about Madame Picasso until I got it as a surprise in the mail.

    So glad to see that it is going to be good.

    I am looking forward to Todd Borg's book too. I loved all of his books I have read.


    THANKS for stopping, Harvee.

    ReplyDelete
  22. An Unseemly Wife sounds intriguing. I may have to check it out.

    All of your books have gorgeous covers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love covers. They draw me in and then I check out the inside. :)

    Thanks for stopping, DeniseF.

    ReplyDelete
  24. They all look good! I got The Story Hour.

    ReplyDelete
  25. enjoy! I received Madame Picasso for a book tour

    ReplyDelete
  26. Enjoy your books. They all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Story Hour looks like an awesome read. Hope you enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. We can compare notes on The Story Hours, Vicki.

    I think it is going to be good...haven't looked at any reviews. I just saw the author's name and wanted to read it.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  29. wordsandpeace....I really hadn't heard of Madame Picasso until I received the book.

    It looks interesting.

    THANKS for stopping. We can compare notes after we read it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for stopping, Mari.

    I was excited about my mailbox this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just got The Story of Land and Sea as well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great...are you on the TLC tour?

    THANKS for stopping, nfmgirl.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I feel like everyone is picking up The House We Grew Up in lately. I don't actually know much about it, but the title and cover definitely have me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete