Monday, February 6, 2017

Mailbox Monday - 2/6/2017

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit
Martha of Reviews By Martha's Bookshelf

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.
 ***************
On Monday, January 30, I received:

1. THE MOTHER'S PROMISE by Sally Hepworth, courtesy of Katie Bassel of St. Martin's.

I finished reading this book already.  A very emotional read with wonderful characters.

 ***************
On Wednesday, February 1, I received: 

1.  WINDY CITY BLUES by Renee Rosen, courtesy of Ryanne Probst of Penguin Random House.

 
Love her books....looking forward to reading this one - I actually started it.

23 comments:

  1. Happy Monday!!

    Thanks for stopping, and enjoy your reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading The Mother's Promise now :) The author tackles some emotional subjects in her books, doesn't she? I read her The Things We Keep several weeks ago and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...very emotional subjects. A bit depressing, but a good book.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. LOL...I know.

      I actually was caught up with all my books for review so it was perfect timing.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I am happy.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary Ann.

      Delete
  5. Reading Windy City Blues too. I lived many years in Chicago and even visited a few blues clubs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun on visiting some of the blues clubs.

      Thanks for stopping, Harvee Lau.

      Delete
  6. Hi Elizabeth,

    Both new to me authors as regards reading, although I have heard of Sally Hepworth before. This one is definitely heading for my list and you obviously enjoyed it to have finished reading so quickly!

    The Renee Rosen isn't really 'doing it' for me, I'm afraid, as I don't know enough about the music to enjoy the context of the storyline. I do find the racial and social tensions intriguing though.

    Enjoy your reading week and thanks for sharing :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew more about music too, but that isn't taking away from the story.

      There is enough love and other interesting things happening to make a great story line.

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. I've seen these around so they must be of interest. I like the covers. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love covers too. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      Delete
  8. Windy City Blues does look tempting. Glad you enjoyed the Hepworth book. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Hepworth's books are good.

      Windy City Blues is enjoyable.

      Thanks for stopping, Lucy.

      Delete
  9. A Mother's promise sounds really good. Looking forward to your review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, but heart wrenching.

      Thanks for stopping, Dragonfly Our Familiarium.

      Delete
  10. Those both sound good - and Windy City Blues is set in Chicago! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying Windy City Blues.

      Thanks for stopping, Leslie.

      Delete
  11. Windy City Blues looks good. The other probably isn't for me - I tend to avoid "emotional" reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished Windy City Blues...very good book as all of her books.

      It was set in Chicago and was about the start of Blues Music.

      Thanks for stopping, Carol.

      Delete
  12. I've never read Renee Rosen but this books sounds interesting. I hope you had a great reading week and thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are always so good.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete