Friday, June 30, 2017

Book Beginnings - 6/30/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE COTTINGLEY SECRET by Hazel Gaynor:

"Olivia Kavanagh didn't believe in happy endings.  Life hadn't worked out that way for her so far.  At thirty-five, she had almost stopped believing it ever would.  Almost, but not entirely, because there were moments - flashes - when she remembered who she used to be:  someone who thought anything was possible, someone who believed in everything."
********** 
Books Finished:

THE WILDLING SISTERS by Even Chase 

Review will be on July 26.
**********
THE SUMMER HOUSE by Hannah McKinnon

Review is in the book's title.
********** 
EVERY LAST LIE by Mary Kubica: 

Review will be on July 5.

**********
THE CHILD by Fiona Barton

Review will be on July 20.

**********
COCOA BEACH by Beatriz Williams

Review is in the book's title.
******************






12 comments:

  1. At least Olivia has some hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True!! I am not that far into the book to see what Olivia is up to yet. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
  2. Coming to your blog always makes me yearn for more books!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      Glad you can stop by. Books are the best.

      Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you liked Cocoa Beach! I really want to give that one a try. The Child is also on my TBR pile.

    The Wilding Sisters sounds so good. I've been wanting to try something by Gaynor and one day I will.

    Thank you for sharing, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are always so good.

      The Child was a bit slow, but oh so good once it got started.

      Loved the Wildling Sisters. A Memory of Violets was marvelous.

      I hope you get to read all of them. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Literary Feline.

      Delete
  4. Great excerpt! I like the sound of this one...and, of course, I loved Every Last Lie and hope to read The Child and The Summer House soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read those books too, Laurel.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. Hey, the Gaynor book sounds like a great read. Good choice!

    Hi there

    Here's my entry for #Friday56 and #Bookbeginnings : http://bit.ly/2tusEQ5

    Have an ab fab weekend!

    Luv from Sassy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good once I finally got connected. I am loving the story line.

      Thanks for stopping, Sassy Brit.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It is good.

      I just finished it this afternoon.

      It is based on a true event.

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete