Sunday, June 25, 2017

It's Monday!! What Are YOU Reading? - 6/26/2017

http://bookdate.blogspot.com/
   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
********************
This is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at BOOK DATE!

Post the books completed, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish at some point.
 *************
Books Completed

THE BREAKDOWN by B. A. Paris - review will be on July 25 - finished June 23.

A good mystery...not as chilling as her first book.

 
*************
THE WILDLING SISTERS by Evan Chase - review will be on July 25 - finished June 22.

Family saga and a bit of Gothic included...enjoyed it.

https://www.amazon.com/Wildling-Sisters-Eve-Chase/dp/0399174133/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496620770&sr=8-1&keywords=the+wildling+sisters
 *************
HELLO SUNSHINE by Laura Dave - review will be on July 12 - finished June 18.

 *************
THE SUMMER HOUSE by Hannah McKinnon - review will be on June 29 - finished on June 16.

A lovely, heartfelt read.

 
 *************
EVERY LAST LIE by Mary Kubica - review will be on July 5 - finished June 10.

My first Mary Kubica book...a good thriller.

 *************
THE CHILD by Fiona Barton - review will be on July 20 - finished June 5.

A little slow at first, but got intense and interesting about half way through.

 *************
THE SUNSHINE SISTERS by Jane Green - review is in the book's title - finished May 22.

Excellent women's fiction.
 *************
THE ALMOST SISTERS by Joshilyn Jackson - review will be on July 11 - finished January 15 - I thought the book's publication date was February 15.  :)  I am not an over-achiever.  :)
 
************* 
Book Currently Reading:

THE BOOK OF POLLY by Kathy Hepinstall - review will be on July 27. 

This book is funny and delightful.
 
*************

Books Up Next:



THE COTTINGLEY SECRET by Hazel Gaynor - review will be on August 1
 
 *************
EMMA IN THE NIGHT by Wendy Walker - review will be on August 8

 ************* 
THE DAUGHTERS OF IRELAND by Santa Montefiore - review will be on August 15

*************
THE RIGHT SIDE by Spencer Quinn - review will be on August 23.

 
*************
THE BOOKSHOP AT WATER'S END by Patti Callahan Henry - review will be August 24.

*************
BEST INTENTIONS by Erika Raskin - review will be on August 29.

 

*************
LOVE AND OTHER CONSOLATION PRIZES by Jamie Ford - review will be on September 13

*************
SILVER THREADS by Bette Lee Crosby - review will be on September 12.


https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Threads-Memory-House-Collection/dp/099692146X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497137296&sr=8-1&keywords=silver+threads
*************



18 comments:

  1. I've managed to track three of the books from this list and am so glad. I was sorry about the Gaynor book as no luck with that one. Looking forward to your reviews on them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great you found three, Mystica.

      Which ones did you find?

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed Almost Sisters, never saw some of what turned up coming which was great because we all like to be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. It was good.

      Loved the surprise too.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathryn.

      Delete
  3. All the books sound good! Looking forward to your reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones I read were good.

      Thanks for stopping, Melody.

      Delete
  4. Those are some gorgeous book covers! I especially love Hello, Sunshine--that cover certainly does its job of making me want to pick up the book! Here's my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great cover, and the book was good.

      Covers always pull me in and fortunately the books are usually good too. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Becky.

      Delete
  5. So many tempting books, several of which I have or have read.

    Thanks for sharing! I'm curious about The Book of Polly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE BOOK OF POLLY is comical and sweet.

      I am enjoying it.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  6. Some of these are on my wish list too. Looking forward to your reviews. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read the ones you have on your wish list.

      Thanks for stopping, Cheryl.

      Delete
  7. So many tempting books! I'd need to take a speed reading class to keep up with your pace. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL on the speed reading class.

      You are funny, Suko.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  8. I read a speed reading book when I was a teen and wanted to get the most out of the library as possible. I still read fast but I'm not really doing any of the speed reading techniques. It's been a busy week with a cracked toilet, day camp, and paperwork for cross country. Come see what I'm reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually am surprised how quickly I have been reading.

      I am usually a slow poke reader. :)

      Thanks for stopping, pussreboots.

      Delete
  9. I want to read The Sunshine Sisters. One of my reviewers read the Bookshop at Water's Edge adn enjoyed it. See what I've read this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read THE SUNSHINE SISTERS, Donna.

      THE BOOKSHOP AT WATER'S END does look good.

      Thanks for stopping, Donna.

      Delete