Sunday, June 25, 2017

Mailbox Monday - 6/26/2017

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 **************** 
Here’s a shout out to the administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit
Martha of Reviews By Martha's Bookshelf

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.
************** 
On Monday, June 19 (My Birthday,) I received:

1. THE BREAKDOWN by B. A. Paris, courtesy of Net Galley and St. Martin's. 


 
A nice birthday gift!!  I read it in one day!!  :)

2.  THE RIGHT SIDE by Spencer Quinn, courtesy of Ariele Fredman of Simon and Schuster.

 

A birthday surprise!!  Thanks, Ariele.

Looks good!!
 **************
On Thursday, June 22, I received:

1.  Books and a Tote  I won from ARMCHAIR BEA - books courtesy of Hachette - bag courtesy of Chronicle books.

THANK SO MUCH.  The bag is that wonderful nylon material.  

I have already used it when I went to Aldi's this morning.  :)

**************

On Friday, June 23, I received:

1.   THE BOOKSHOP AT WATER'S END by Patti Callahan Henry, courtesy of Roxanne Jones of Penguin Random House.

I have a spotlight and giveaway for this book on July 13 - July 20.  Mark your calendars. 
 

 

22 comments:

  1. Happy birthday a week late! I loved The Breakdown! I got The Right Side too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes, Kathy.

      I finished THE BREAKDOWN already. :) Good story line. Thankfully it wasn't as chilling as her first book.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  2. What a fun week for you! I've been seeing The Bookshop at Water's End everywhere. I'll have to watch out for your review. Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE BOOKSHOP AT WATER'S END does look good.

      Thanks for stopping, Laura.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday gift of The Breakdown...I loved that book, too.

    Great tote, as well.

    I am looking forward to The Bookshop at Water's End. I haven't read the author in a while, but enjoy her books.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will be my first book by Ms Henry. It looks good.

      The bag is great. Love the nylon material.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday a week late. You had a great haul this week -- Fitting for a birthday week! Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great birthday week. :).

      Thanks for the birthday greetings, Martha, and for stopping.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! Birthday books are always awesome :D The Right Side looks really interesting. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday greetings.

      THE RIGHT SIDE does look interesting.

      Thanks for stopping, Anna.

      Delete
  6. Great birthday gifts! I enjoyed The Breakdown too and I hope you've a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE BREAKDOWN was good.

      It was a good birthday week.

      Thanks for stopping, Melody.

      Delete
  7. Hope your birthday was fun. Getting books is fun so Yay! I finished The Bookshop at Water's End and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to listening to The Breakdown at some point (didn't get a review copy so I'll use an Audible credit). Have a great week, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet THE BREAKDOWN will be good in audio. ENJOY!!

      I love the cover of THE BOOKSHOP AT WATER'S END. So glad to hear the book is good too.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary. My birthday was nice...thanks.

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday! I want to get my hands on Breakdown and the Bookshop at Water's end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Serena.

      I hope you get read both books.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Ann, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  10. I've got the Quinn and Paris books but I am eyeing the Bookshop book mostly! Have a very good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bookshop does look good and something both you and I would like.

      Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

      Delete
  11. Hi Elizabeth,

    Belated Happy Birthday Wishes, I hope that you enjoyed a lovely day :)

    'The Break Down' sounds really good and what's not to like about 'The Bookshop...' In fact I really like the sound of many of Patti Callahan Henry's books, so she is another author for my 'To Read' list, so thanks for the recommendation.

    'Happy Reading' :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the birthday wishes. :)

    The Bookshop looks so good.

    Thanks for stopping, Yvonne, and Happy Reading to you as well.

    ReplyDelete