Monday, July 31, 2017

It's Monday! What are YOU Reading? - 8/31/2017

http://bookdate.blogspot.com/
   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
********************
This is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at BOOK DATE!

Post the books completed, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish at some point.
 *************
Books Completed

BEST INTENTIONS by Erika Raskin - review will be on August 31.

It's an ok read...a bit dragged out.

 
 *************
AT WAVE'S END by Patricia Perry Donovan - review will be on August 15 - finished on July 27.  

A lovely, heartwarming read.

It was an e-book, not an audio.

*************
A KILLER HARVEST by Paul Cleave - review will be on August 2 - finished reading on July 22.



  *************
A MOTHER LIKE MINE by Kate Hewitt - review AND Giveaway will be on August 29 - finished reading on July 21.

 *************
EMMA IN THE NIGHT by Wendy Walker - review will be on August 8 - finished July 9.

An intense, strange psychological thriller.

 *************
THE COTTINGLEY SECRET by Hazel Gaynor - review will be tomorrow.

A lovely read as always.  I never knew this had been a real event.
 
*************
Book Currently Reading

SILVER THREADS by Bette Lee Crosby - review will be on September 12.


https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Threads-Memory-House-Collection/dp/099692146X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497137296&sr=8-1&keywords=silver+threads
 *************
Books Up Next:

LOVE AND OTHER CONSOLATION PRIZES by Jamie Ford - review will be on September 13.

*************
THE BLACKBIRD SEASON by Kate Moretti - review will be on October 12.

*************
TAHOE PAYBACK by Todd Borg - review will be on October 17.

*************
SEVEN DAYS OF US by Francesca Hornack - review will be on November 7.










22 comments:

  1. Nice! Totally new to me ones as always! Lol! Hope you have a great reading week ahead!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is your reading week going?

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Emma in the Night...and I have The Blackbird Season, which I'm eager to read...later. I just got another September release NG book (today): The Best Kind of People.

    There went my nice neat calendar! LOL

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have The Blackbird Season too.

      I haven't heard of The Best Kind of People, but it sounds good.

      I use an electronic calendar for my books so when I have to make changes it doesn't make a mess. :)

      Thanks for commenting, Laurel.

      ENJOY

      Delete
  4. I will most likely therefore by pass Best Intentions. At Wave's End has a really inviting cover, will wait for your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people just loved Best Intentions, but it was a 3/5 for me. I learned a few things, but it was just so so for me. The best part was the last 50 pages dealing with a murder trial.

      At Wave's End was really good for me. Loved the characters and the story line.

      Thanks for commenting, Kathryn.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your books. The old place is nearly ready. Meanwhile, we're happily settled in our temporary apartment. Come see what I'm reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ENJOY your new temporary apartment.

      Thanks for commenting, Sarah.

      Delete
  6. Silver Threads looks good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are always good.

      Thanks for commenting, Ellen.

      Delete
  7. I had a similar reaction about the first book. My review is scheduled for 8/15. I'm trying to hold off on reading Seven Days of Us for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you referring to BEST INTENTIONS?

      I won't be reading Seven Days of Us for a bit either. It does sound very good, though.

      Thanks for commenting, Mary.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I meant Best Intentions. Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. I'm late for this post. Your books are always very very good and lead to a lot of envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't visited too many blogs either. Busy days here. :)

      Going to try today.

      Thanks for commenting, Mystica.

      Delete
  9. Looks like you've got some good ones on the list! Have a good time reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Evelina, and thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  10. I'm looking forward to reading "The Cottingly Secret." I've enjoyed Hazel Gaynor's other books, so I'm sure this one will be a hit for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is different from her other books, but a very good read.

      I was worried about the fairies, but they didn't detract from the story or my enjoyment of the book.

      Thanks for commenting, Melinda.

      Delete
  11. Oh some lovely looking books. THE COTTINGLEY SECRET looks amazing! Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete