Monday, July 31, 2017

Mailbox Monday - 8/31/2017

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 **************** 
Here’s a shout out to the administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit
Martha of Reviews By Martha's Bookshelf

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
*************** 
I hope you had a good mailbox.
************** 
On Tuesday, July 24, I received:  

1. AT WAVE'S END by Patricia Perry Donovan, courtesy of the author and NetGalley.  It is an e-book, not an audio.

I read this book as soon as I downloaded it...a lovely book.

 
It looks good...the author found me on Instagram.  :)
**************
2.  BEST INTENTIONS by Erika Raskin, courtesy of Katie Bassel of St. Martin's.


Katie has previously sent me an ARC and now she sent me the finished copy.

Thanks, Katie.
**************


 







15 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping...I hope your mailbox was filled with great reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like they really want you to read Best Intentions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At Wave's End sounds good. I like mother/daughter stories. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely.

      Thanks for commenting, Laura.

      Delete
  4. At Wave's End looks perfect for summer. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. It was a lovely read.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  5. At Wave's End looks good. I'll add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is YOUR kind of book, Mary.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  6. Hi Elizabeth,

    The premise of 'Good Intentions' is very intriguing and quite current with all the recent news about 'whistle blowers'.

    I am not a huge fan of ARC's, so it must have been a niv=ce surprise to have also been gifted a copy of the finished book.

    I must look out for this publisher!

    Thanks for sharing and 'Happy Reading' :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. St. Martin's has good books.

      Thanks for commenting, Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Nice books; At Wave's End does look good - great cover. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At Wave's End was a lovely read.

      Thanks for commenting, Martha.

      Delete
  8. Best Intentions sounds good. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a so-so read.

      Thanks for commenting, Serena.

      Delete