Friday, September 1, 2017

Book Beginnings - 9/1/2017


 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE TRUST by Ronald H. Balson:
"Life's direction is Ephemeral.  Something as common as the ring of a telephone can knock it off its course.  Simple as that, but I didn't see it coming this time.  I had just arrived at  my office, set my coffee on my desk and was starting to unfold the morning TRIBUNE when my phone rang."
********** 
Books Finished:
LOVE AND OTHER CONSOLATION PRIZES by Jamie Ford
Another beautiful book by Jamie Ford - review will be on September 13.
  **********
SILVER THREADS by Bette Lee Crosby - review is in the book's title. - finished August 23.

 **********
GLASS HOUSES by Louise Penny.
Review is in the book's title.
**********
THE SPACE BETWEEN WORDS by Michele Phoenix. Review will be on September 5.
A well-researched historical fiction book.
******************

15 comments:

  1. I hope you had a good reading week.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beginning of The Trust. So true that one thing, like a telephone call, can turn everything upside down. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “Y IS FOR YESTERDAY”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A phone call certainly can change everything...had a few of those in the past few years.

      Thanks for commenting, Laurel.

      Delete
  3. That Ronald H Balson does look good. My husband was telling me about it today. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on Page 74, and it is very good. Not the same topic as his book, Once We Were Brothers.

      Thanks for commenting, Bev.

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to your review of Jamie's book. I'm also a big fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was fabulous...loved it.

      Thanks for commenting, The Book Sage.

      Delete
  5. I am going to tr to use that word in a sentence today: ephemeral. Sounds like it is a good one that will fit a lot of circumstances. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us know your use, Anne.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  6. Interesting beginning. This week I am featuring Her Dark Half by Paige Tyler. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is very good.

      Thanks for commenting, Kathy.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mystica, and thanks for commenting.

      I am really enjoying THE TRUST.

      Delete
  8. I've heard that Louise Penney is really worth trying - I'll have to get there one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is very good.

      I hope you can try one of her books.

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete