Friday, September 8, 2017

Book Beginnings - 9/8/2017

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from ODD CHILD OUT by Gilly MacMillan:
"A black ribbon of water cuts through the city of Bristol under a cold midnight sky.  Reflections of street lighting float and warp on its surface."
********** 
Books Finished:

THE TRUST by Ronald H. Balson

Excellent mystery - review will be September 19.

 **********
LOVE AND OTHER CONSOLATION PRIZES by Jamie Ford
Another beautiful book by Jamie Ford - review will be on September 13.
  **********
THE SPACE BETWEEN WORDS by Michele Phoenix. Review will be on September 5.

A well-researched historical fiction book.
******************


11 comments:

  1. THE TRUST was very good. I finished it after I posted this.

    Have a wonderful reading, fun weekend.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very visual beginning. I'm reading All the Secret Places by Anna Carlyle this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The entire book was very descriptive.

      Thanks for commenting, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. I am eagerly awaiting Odd Child Out, as I love the author. Great beginning! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “I’LL HAVE WHAT SHE’S HAVING”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the book the night before and didn't feel like changing my post, but the book was good but emotional.

      Thanks for commenting, Laurel.

      Delete
  4. You've been busy reading! Hope you enjoy this new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surprised myself this week - I can't believe I read two books. It usually takes me seven days for one book.

      Thanks for stopping, Nicki.

      Delete
  5. Descriptive opening--I wish it were longer though! I wanted to read a bit more.

    Have a relaxing weekend, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can send you a screen shot of the page if you like, Suko.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  6. It sounds SO good. I hope you enjoyed it. Have a wonderful week and happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good.

      Thanks for commenting, Geybie.

      Delete