Saturday, September 19, 2026

Spotlight of I Know Her Voice by C.M. Vane


PHOTO CREDIT:  TYPORAMA

************

I KNOW HER VOICE


C.M. VANE

************

ALL INFORMATION IN THIS POST IS COURTESY OF THE AUTHOR.

************

My daughter called to say she’d killed her father.  She swears she never called.

************

August 15, 2026

Independently Published

************

ABOUT I KNOW HER VOICE:


At 2:17 a.m., Claire Bennett wakes to see her husband’s name on her phone. But when she answers, it is her daughter Sophie who is crying: “Mum, I think I’ve killed Dad.” By sunrise, Daniel Bennett is dead and Sophie is in police custody.


Then Sophie says something Claire cannot understand. She never made the call.


The phone records prove a call took place. There is no recording of what was said.


And Claire is completely certain of one thing: she knows her daughter’s voice.


As the police investigation begins to uncover secrets Daniel kept from the people closest to him, Claire is forced to question not only what happened that night, but how well she really knows her own family.


Because if Sophie is telling the truth, somebody wanted Claire to hear that confession.


And if she is lying, Claire may be the person who helps prove her own daughter guilty.

I Know Her Voice is a psychological thriller about family, trust, memory and the frightening distance between what we know and what we can prove.

************

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:


C. M. Vane writes psychological thrillers about secrets, suspicion and the unsettling moment when ordinary life begins to feel anything but ordinary.


Drawn to stories in which trust becomes dangerous and the truth depends on who you believe, Vane writes fast-moving, character-driven suspense built around relationships, buried histories and the things people convince themselves they know about those closest to them.


I Know Her Voice is C. M. Vane’s debut psychological thriller.

************

PURCHASE LINKS:

Paperback: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0HFDHJDZC

Kindle: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0HFDHZCNV


1 comment: