- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
- ...so nice to see you stopped by. My blog began in 2010 simply because I wanted to give blogging a try and to have my own personal space to share my reviews. My original header was not what I have now but something silly. I knew I had to change it so I did. I loved visiting Portree, Scotland, and thought that would make a wonderful header because of the colors. It has since become my trademark. I also love polka dots and think it makes my blog, the header, and my personality come together. I am a retired business teacher so my blog MUST be organized and neat. I really enjoy blogging and meeting other bloggers. Book Bloggers are the most helpful, friendly folks I know. My blog's goal is to introduce you to historical fiction and mystery titles and to promote the overall love of reading to everyone of all ages. Please stop back as often as you like to see what reviews I have added to the BLOG ARCHIVE and for bookish fun and giveaways. I hope to see you often.
- The Forgotten Seamstress by Liz Trenow
- Book Blogger Hop - 5/30 - 6/5
- Empire Girls by Suzanne Hayes & Loretta Nyhan
- Father's Day Giveaway of JAMES MADISON: A Life Rec...
- BEA 2014
- Mailbox Monday - 5/26/14
- It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 5/26/14
- Book Blogger Hop - 5/23 - 5/29
- Giveaway of THIRD RAIL by Rory Flynn
- It's Monday!! What Are You Reading? - 5/19/14
- Mailbox Monday - 5/19/14
- Book Beginnings - 5/16/14
- CONGRATULATIONS to William Kent Krueger
- Book Blogger Hop - 5/16 - 5/22
- Release Of A New Johnny Ray Novel
- It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 5/12/14
- Mailbox Monday - 5/12/14
- Giveaway of THE COLLINI CASE by Ferdinand von Schi...
- Chateau of Secrets by Melanie Dobson
- Book Beginnings - 5/9/14
- Book Blogger Hop - 5/9 - 5/15
- Find Your Favorite Atria Author On Twitter
- Everything To Lose by Andrew Gross
- Giveaway of THE ACCIDENTAL BOOK CLUB by Jennifer S...
- Mailbox Monday - 5/5/14
- It's Monday!! What Are You Reading? - 5/5/14
- Book Beginnings - 5/2/14
- Book Blogger Hop - 5/2 -5/8
- Edgar Award Nominees
- The Fortune Hunter by Daisy Goodwin
- International Giveaway of THE GREAT BROWNIE TASTE-...
- ▼ May (31)
- ► 2013 (271)
- ► 2012 (145)
- ► 2011 (60)
Ok, that's it! I am SO buying this book! You are the second trusted reviewer of mine that I have seen post great reviews of this book. SOLD!
Ashley (Closed the Cover)
Ashley was commenting on my review of ONCE WE WERE BROTHERS.
It really sends me soaring when a reader of my novel enjoys the story like you. It makes all the effort to write the book worthwhile. Thank you for your time and wonderful review
In my delight with your review, I forgot to say you wrote a hell of a good review. Concise but hitting all the points and making it sound interesting to a reader. I'm surprised you haven't taken up the pen yourself!
Betty Alark’s Comments:
"I envisioned myself curled up in a warm blanket with a cup of tea as I read the review- I was there; that reflects how skilled a writer you are, Silver!
You're great at what "you" do - you pull a person in!"
"Aha! You're a great writer."