Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Chance Harbor - Holly Robinson


Eve, Zoe, Catherine, and Willow.  Grandmother, mother, daughters, and granddaughter all caught up in family secrets.

All four women had a lot going on over the years that made today difficult for each one of them.

Join in the suspense as well as the family saga that will pull at your heart strings but make you want to be with the characters.

CHANCE HARBOR takes us through the years with Eve, Zoe, Catherine, and Willow. Willow was my favorite. She was sweet but wise.  Zoe made me crazy.  Eve and Catherine were characters that held the story together as secrets unraveled and brought the characters closer, made them more understanding, or simply helped them find themselves.

All four women had wonderful stories to tell and secrets to reveal. Secrets both good and bad. I couldn’t decide whose secret I liked the most. :)  I think I am going to go with Eve's being the best.  :)

Ms. Robinson has crafted a beautiful story with unforgettable characters and with wonderful descriptions of Prince Edward Island that take you there sharing the characters' experiences and pain as well as their little bit of the happiness.

I truly enjoyed CHANCE HARBOR, and any women's fiction fan which includes me will fall in love with this book and its characters. The setting as well as the warmth and the vividness of the characters pull you in and keep you turning the pages.

Ms. Robinson  has a way with words that has you not wanting the characters' stories or the book to end. 

This was my first book by this author even though this isn't her first book. 

Absolutely recommend this book. Read it and ENJOY. 5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.

11 comments:

  1. ENJOY if you read this book.

    Wonderful writing and story line.

    Thanks for stopping everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, it sounds like you truly enjoyed this book. I'll keep it in mind for the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good. A lot of social issues in it too.

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
  3. Oh this book looks so good! Thanks for the great review!
    Going on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for liking my review.

      I hope you enjoy the book when you read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Wall-to-wall books.

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to this one - it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love it. Your mom will too.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one. The characters development really makes or breaks a story for me.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely...characters are important to me too.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  6. Elizabeth, I'm sorry it took me so long to weigh in here--I just wanted to thank you so much for writing such a thoughtful review. I appreciate you taking the time to read Chance Harbor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome.

      I truly enjoyed it.

      Thanks for writing this wonderful book and for stopping by to comment. Very nice of you.

      Delete