Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Black Rabbit Hall by Eve Chase


What secrets does Black Rabbit Hall hold, and will Lorna find out what the secrets of the Alton family are as she explores the Alton's summer home?

Lorna is looking for a place for her wedding and is pulled toward Black Rabbit Hall. She has a feeling that it is somehow connected to her past.

Tragedies were plentiful at Black Rabbit Hall when the Altons lived there Lauren's fiancé isn't comfortable about having their wedding there, but Lorna insists that there is some connection to her and her family, and she wants to find out and have her wedding there.

We learn about the Alton's family life at Black Rabbit Hall through flashbacks and then move forward to present day.

Toby, Amber, Kitty, and Barney told the story of Black Rabbit Hall....a story with great family dynamics.

Ms. Chase's descriptions are marvelous. You can put yourself into every scene of the story and clearly picture what is happening and carried out.  I loved going back in time and seeing what was left behind in the kitchen and other areas of BLACK RABBIT HALL.

The old house definitely is a trove of memories and untold secrets and stories.
You can smell the dust, see the family’s comings and goings, hear the water dripping from the leaky roof, and visualize the people who lived there.
 
BLACK RABBIT HALL was a family saga with hints of foreboding as you turned each page. 
  
BLACK RABBIT HALL had marvelous characters that were loving and endearing and of course there was a villain who ruined it all.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book...an excellent debut.  The only disappointment, which really isn't a disappointment, was when Ms. Chase left you hanging and waiting with something "juicy" at the end of a chapter and took you back to the past or from the past to the future.  :)

ENJOY when you read....the ending was emotional, and the entire book is addicting!! 

Loved the book. 5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.  

14 comments:

  1. I love family sagas and I really what to read this one now to find out who the villain is and what happened to the family. This novel sounds like it is full of suspense. Thanks for your review, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good.

      Lots of family drama.

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. I'm planning on reading this one soon. Your review makes me even more anxious to start. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like it.

      Smiling about your comment about my review....thanks.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete
  3. I've seen many great reviews for this book. Sounds like it is something I'd like. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like family sagas and Kate Morton's books, you will like this book.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      I hope you get to read it.

      Delete
  4. Oh this does sound good. I love an addictive, page turning read. Thanks for introducing me to this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome.

      I hope you get to read it and also enjoy it.

      Thanks for stopping, Heidi.

      Delete
  5. Happy Wednesday, Elizabeth! This does sound terrific! I will keep your wonderful review in mind the next time I am choosing a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Wednesday, and thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Oh yah!!

      Great book.

      Thanks for stopping, Stefanie.

      Delete
  7. I plan to add this one to my wish list. Looked at it at the bookstore today and almost bought it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check the library first???

      It might be too new, though.

      I enjoyed it, and I think you like what I like.

      I hope you get to read the book and like it.

      Thanks for stopping, Harvee Lau.

      Delete