Thursday, July 28, 2016

After Anna by Alex lake


A parents' worst nightmare....four little words:  "Your Child Is Missing."

Anna disappeared ​without a trace ​a​s ​school was being let out ​for the day.

​Anna's mother, Julia, was late picking her up and blamed herself.  She and other family members were hoping that another family member had picked her up.  Well....someone did pick her up, but they never brought her home.

Anna was missing for a week, and then surprisingly returned.  Very strange in a kidnapping case, but she was safe and unharmed.  But was she and were other family members really safe in such an odd turn of events?

AFTER ANNA had me on the edge of my seat as the kidnapper narrated what was happening and as we flashed back to the ongoing police investigation and daily lives of the characters.

AFTER ANNA is a must read for anyone who loves thrillers, chilling situations, a unique story line, and an evil, manipulating villain. 

Mr. Lake did a marvelous job of keeping me guessing even though a few folks said they guessed right away who the kidnapper was.

I would consider this one of the top thrillers I have read this year. As I neared the end, I couldn't turn the pages fast enough to see the outcome.

ENJOY if you read AFTER ANNA.  5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation in return for an honest review.


8 comments:

  1. That does sound like your worst nightmare. I bet it's a page turner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kidnapper's narration and tone was frightening.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Great to hear.

      I haven't seen too many reviews on blogs. Will check your blog for a review.

      Thanks for stopping, Emma.

      Delete
  3. Wow, high praise Elizabeth! It sounds intense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very intense.

      The villain was a true villain.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  4. Really good recommendation and the premise sounds intriguing. Thanks for sharing so I can add this to my wish list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the read, Martha.

      Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      Delete