Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Beach House Reunion by Mary Alice Monroe


Two women coming home for two different reasons to the place they loved and the place with many memories.

Linnea had finished college, and Cara was coming home to be with family.

Linnea came home from college and had no choice but to return, and really didn’t want to be in her childhood home with all the drama and the rules.

Cara came home because her husband had passed away a few years earlier, she adopted a friend’s baby, and she wanted to have her daughter grow up where she grew up with family and summer beach memories.

Both women needed something, and with Linnea being Cara’s niece, the problem was solved because Linnea was going to be Cara’s nanny.  That would save Linnea from staying with her parents all summer and would be a warm remembrance of her childhood times at the beach house, Primrose Cottage.   Cara would get to spend time with her niece to catch up and have someone to finally help her so she wasn’t alone.

BEACH HOUSE REUNION was a very pleasant, heartwarming read that made you want to for the most part be in the Rutledge family and in Primrose Cottage as well as Sullivan's Island.

Everything about the book was comfy and inviting.

The characters and the beachy setting were quite pleasant.

Learning about loggerheads, surfing, seeing the love between family members and others, and joining in the family fun are some of the reasons you will want to read this book.

I actually want to learn more about the sea turtles (loggerheads). It sounded fascinating, and the excitement the characters had about them had me wanting to learn more.

BEACH HOUSE REUNION is an easy, sweet read that will be a perfect addition to your summer reading list. 5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher and NetGalley in return for an honest review.

16 comments:

  1. I just love MAM! And this book is a good one. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, recca. How nice of you to say that.

      This was my first book by MAM, and I did enjoy it.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. I thought this book was terrific too. Mary Alice Monroe is one of my favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly enjoyed it.

      Thanks for commenting, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. I enjoy these types of reads. Have you read Nan Rossiter before? ALL of her books give me that warm, happy feel and her books are centered around water too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look up Nan Rossiter...her books sound wonderful.

      Thanks for commenting, Ti.

      Delete
  4. Comfy and inviting sounds ideal summer reading to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series, and this book is on my list. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laurel. So nice of you to comment on my review.

      Delete
  6. I want to read more beach-themed books this summer. This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a lovely beach read, Suko.

      ENJOY if you read it, and thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  7. Love her books. I've learned a lot about turtles from her and love how she writes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The information is so interesting.

      Thanks for commenting, Mary.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. It was a great read.

      Thanks for commenting, Carole.

      Delete