Friday, April 19, 2019

Book Beginnings - 4/19/2019


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 *************** 
My Book Beginnings is taken from THE MISSING YEARS by Lexie Elliott:

"The Manse is watching me.  At first I don't notice it, I'm too involved in my study of the imposing gray stone edifice before me.  It's a tall structure -- three stories, and the first two must have high ceilings -- with a turret and stepped gables like sets of staircases."

************

6 comments:

  1. Could not track this one down but got another by the same author. All wonderful reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit slow, but not a bad read..

      Thanks for commenting, Mystica.

      Delete
  2. I'd keep reading to find out why the character feels that the manse is watching him/her. The title is intriguing, too.
    My Friday post features excerpts from Buffalo Gal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was interesting....I love old houses.

      Thanks for commenting, Sandra.

      Delete
  3. The manse is watching her? Is that a figure of speech or something really creepy? My review and quotes for VOICES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The manse was what they called the house - it was haunted or said to be haunted.

      Thanks for commenting, Anne.

      Delete