Tuesday, May 7, 2024

The Return of Ellie Black by Emiko Jean

When Ellie black came back after being missing for two years she shocked everyone and wouldn’t tell anyone where she was.

What the police did know was that she had been held captive and was abused.


Chelsea was the police detective in charge.


In alternating chapters we follow Ellie as she relives her capture and Chelsea as she reopens the case and tries to find clues in this old case.


She wants to prevent it from happening again.


They did find out that another missing girl had been captured along with Ellie.


What is Ellie afraid of?  


Why won't she give details so they can find where she was held and find the person who kept her? 


How did she escape?


THE RETURN OF ELLIE BLACK is intense, has disturbing scenes, and some jaw-dropping surprises.


It is a thriller that will keep you reading and one you won't want to put down. 


First time reading this excellent author.


If you are a fan of thrillers and figuring it all out, don't miss this one.  5/5


Thank you to the publisher for a copy of this book.  All opinions are my own.


5 comments:

  1. Hope you get to read this book!!

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review.
    It was my BOTM choice. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I wish I'd chosen it as my BOTM pick. I passed on their titles this month. Good to know you liked it! Hoping I can add it on next month.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to choose it next month.

      It was intense, but good.

      Thanks for your comment, Mary.

      Delete