Thursday, February 12, 2015

War of The Wives by Tamar Cohen

 

My deepest sympathies, ​M​rs. Busfield.  What?  I am Mrs Busfield.  ​Everyone was confused, but the cat was out of the bag.
        ​
Mr. ​Simon Busfield ​had two lives and two wives, and he was the only one who knew. Well only he and his accountant and his financial advisor, but definitely not the two women he claimed to be in love with and married to...one for 28 years and one for 17 years.

Despite the serious situations in the book, THE WAR OF THE WIVES is entertaining and humorous. Once you think the surprises are over, another one pops up.

WAR OF THE WIVES moves back and forth between Selina and Lottie's life telling how Simon managed to lie and cheat and remain married to both women at the same time without their knowing it.  He must have been some major organizer to pull that off.

​I enjoyed WAR OF THE WIVES even though some parts were a bit hard to believe.  I actually didn't like ​the two wives, Selina and Lottie. They both were self-centered and if you ask me a bit naive.  How could they not know? Their children were a bit odd as well.
 

If you need a light, entertaining read, I suggest reading WAR OF THE WIVES.  The ending was heartwarming and one that had yet another surprise. 4/5  

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was entertaining.

      I hope you like it if you read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Wall-to-wall books.

      Delete
  2. How could they not know? is the first thing that comes to mind, but having read enough I know that the men are usually so cunning and convincing. So, it's usually a toss up betwen sympathy and disgust for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed....how could they not have known?

      Thanks for stopping, stacybuckeye.

      Delete