Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Munich Girl by Phyllis-Edgerly Ring


Finding out your mother was a friend of Eva Braun and researching Eva's life ​for magazine articles ​was quite emotional for Anna.

Along with this revelation​ about her mother​, Anna ​also had to deal with a terrifying plane crash​ she was a part of​, her husband​ and his demands and his infidelity​, and trying to not fall in love with someone else.

THE MUNICH GIRL was marvelously researched, and Ms. Ring has a beautiful writing style.  She can put you right where the character​s​ ​are.

If you enjoy historical fiction​, a love story or two, and learning about Eva Braun​, you will definitely want to read THE MUNICH GIRL. 

​I truly enjoyed the history, but THE MUNICH GIRL seemed too much like a memoir for me, and I am not that fond of memoirs.  

Excellent every other way, though. 4/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the author in return for an honest review.

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this, even though it seemed like a memoir to you, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was interesting to learn about her.

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
  2. Using Eva Braun sounds like an interesting subject for a book. I don't even think I know how to recognise a memoir - is it just a form of biography?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I would call it.

      Thanks for stopping, Carol.

      Delete
  3. I'll be reading this one soon, so I'm glad to see you really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very informative.

      Thanks for stopping, Anna.

      Delete
  4. I don't read a lot of historical fiction but I think I'd find this fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a good memoir and love historical fiction. Will have a look at this one. I've posted my celebration post and I've mentioned you! Here's my link: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/08/10-x-10-1-101th-dalmation-give-it-sniff.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will enjoy it, Mareli.

      Terrific post...I really enjoyed reading it.

      Thanks for stopping, Mareli.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Elizabeth. I like to read historical fiction once in a while so I'll keep this title in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy historical fiction a lot.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  7. I love memoirs so I would probably enjoy the style of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very interesting...I liked learning about Eva Braun.

      Thanks for stopping, pilch92.

      Delete
  8. Hi Elizabeth,

    I have seen this book on the circuit quite a lot lately and had seriously thought about adding it to my 'Want To Read' list. However, following your comments I went back and re-visited the books premise and I see what you mean about the very blurred lines between fact and fiction.

    As a complete work of fiction it would probably have worked great for me, but with so much mention of real characters and events, I am thinkng that the story might just drop into the memoir category a little too easily for comfort.

    Thanks for the honest review text and I hope that your next chosen read is more to your liking :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been popular, and I am glad I read it, but not a memoir fan as I said. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete