Tuesday, September 24, 2024

The Hitchcock Hotel by Stepahnie Wrobel


College friends meet at the Hitchcock Hotel owned by their friend Alfred.

They haven’t seen each other for sixteen years.

Why did Alfred invite them?

They were never really close, but most have a secret from college and/or their life since college.

Will these secrets come out?

Is this going to be a friendly get together or a sinister one?

A lot of strange things begin to happen including all of their cell phones gone missing, but when a body shows up, who did it and who is it?

THE HITCHCOCK HOTEL started out to be a book I didn't think I was going to continue with but so glad I did.

The slow start had too much background, but wow did it turn out to be a good one.

Lots of secrets, untrustworthy, conniving, unlikeable characters, and a well-crafted plot.  4/5

Thank you to the publisher for a copy of this book.  All opinions are my own.



4 comments:

  1. OOoh nice! I was curious about this one because of that title! It sounds like a a good creepy read! A little hesitant about it now that I hear it starts out slow but perhaps it'll be worth it once you cross over that slump and get to the exciting/thrilling parts!

    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes…it’s worth the read.

      And it is creepy. 😊

      Thanks for your comment, Jessica.

      Delete
  2. This book sounds like a few movies I've watched and enjoyed. I may get a copy for '25.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Vicki.

      Enjoy when you read it.

      Delete