Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Book Blogger Appreciation Week - Day 2 Interview




 
I just found out about this awesome event yesterday so I am going to interview myself instead of having another team member to interview.
 Interview with myself:

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
I normally do not snack.  I might have a cup of tea, though.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
writing in books horrify you?
I never write in my books.  I try to keep them as pristine and new as I can.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
Definitely no dog-earred pages.  I use an envelope, a picture, a bill, and sometimes I use an actual bookmark.  :)

Laying the book flat open?
Never, never, never.  Always close the book and mark my place.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
I read both, but prefer fiction.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
Definitely hard copy unless I am in the car, then I like the audio on a long trip or if I am alone driving back and forth from wherever.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you
able to put a book down at any point?
I like to read to the end of a chapter, but if I am too tired, I stop and turn my bookmark sideways indicating where I left off.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
No...I wait until later or totally forget.

What are you currently reading?
TAHOE TRAP by Todd Borg

What is the last book you bought?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - interesting question.  I haven't bought a book for ages.  I have so many from the BEA this past June, from authors, and publishers, that I don't think I will have to buy a book for the rest of my life.  :)

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can
you read more than one at a time?
Oh...I can only read ONE book at a time.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
I love to read in the evening on my porch or at night in the spare bedroom, but if the opportunity comes up, I will read ANY TIME and ANY PLACE.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
I am not in the habit of reading series, but I may at some point.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
Oh yes...I always recommend SHADOW OF THE WIND by Carlos Ruiz Zafon and also THE FORGOTTEN GARDEN by Kate Morton.

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
I have my shelves organized by size and my shelves are also organized by READ, TO BE READ, and MUST BE READ THIS MONTH.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY AND READING MY ANSWERS.  
A HUGE THANK YOU TO TRISH WHO INFORMED ME THAT I COULD PARTICIPATE EVEN THOUGH I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS FUN EVENT YESTERDAY.

23 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy learning more about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the fun that is BBAW! SHADOW OF THE WIND is one of my all-time favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Elizabeth! I wanted to join BBAW as well, but I know I won't have time to post anything for the rest of the week, so I'm just enjoying discovering new blogs through the daily posts. Glad you joined!
    Just like you, I can only read one book at a time, I'm in awe of people who don't get confused when they read more than one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS, Lily.

    THANKS for stopping by, justabookworm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have such different reading habits that it is absolutely cracking up. You'll read anywhere, anytime - I HATE reading outside. You don't eat while you read and I do it all the time. I also have a horrible habit of dog earing my pages (although, in my defense, I buy a lot of books used)

    it was fun getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS, Allison.

    I am laughing at your comments. Too funny...but good we all aren't the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo on the interview. I love book bloggers. Even if they don't have the time to read my book, it's nice that they are around to help someone somewhere in spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we had the same librarian when we were kids - I never mark or dog ear books either. I can stop in the middle of a chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, you are way too nice to your books. ;) I try not to break spines anymore but I'll dogear pages if there's a quote that I like.

    Shadow of the Wind is a great one and I think I have the Morton one you mentioned on Audio. Will have to check.

    Glad you decided to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see you're also careful with your books, I am too. I have a small collection of bookmarks that I got from other bloggers (or from publishers) over the last few years so I usually use those.

    I go for a long time without buying books. Recently I've been on a bit of a buying spree, though, but hey, that was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your self-interview! There's nothing better than a nice cuppa tea while reading! And boy are you organized! Love how you've done your shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to meet you, Elizabeth. :-) I love your response to whether you stop to look up a word you don't know or not. I'm the same way.

    Happy BBAW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are good recommendations! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for coming by my blog and commenting - it was great to read and learn a little bit about you! I too am a 'pristine' book person, and books must be kept as new as possible in my house. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you decided to participate! BBAW is definitely the place to be this week and its never too late. Thanks for visiting my interview post today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to learn more about you--we have a lot of answers in common. Here are mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2012/09/bbaw-interviews.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Organized by size? Which way? I need to see pictures of this...lol. Still trying to decide how I want to re-do my mess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for visiting my blog! I enjoyed reading your self interview!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like we have some of the same reading habits. I have both of your book recommendations on my bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  20. THANKS for stopping by, Laura.

    I am having so much fun this week.

    Great you put my recommendations on your TBR shelf. ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Angel...size means...tall ones on the left and shorter ones as you head to the right.

    That way they are nice and uniform....can you tell I am a perfectionist? :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, I just re-organized the Elementary school's library, and each "level" that I did I put by size like that as well. It just looks better! :D

    ReplyDelete