Friday, February 14, 2014

My Favorite Books


*

My Favorite Books I have read over the years.  Click the title to go to the review on my blog.  

If the title isn't linked, then I haven't reviewed it. It must have been pre-blog days.  :)

Also check my Favorites Shelf down the right-hand side.

Happy Reading!!


1.  The Island House by Posie Graeme Evans

2.  The Lavender Garden by Lucinda Riley - she is similar to Kate Morton

3.  The Paris Architect by Charles Belfoure - it is WWII with a different twist

4.  The Funeral Dress by Susan Gregg Gilmore - it is about a girl in the Appalachian Mountains

5.  DollFace by Renee Rosen

6.  The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell - this is one of my favorites and still has me puzzled.  :)

7.  The Wife, The Maid, and The Mistress - it will be reviewed on my blog on January 28.  It is historical fiction...loved it

8.  The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd - she wrote The Secret Life of Bees

9.  Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain - it is a social issue book, but very good.

10. Burial Rites by Hannah Kent - it is a true story, but fictionalized, about a woman in Iceland who was last person to ever be executed - VERY GOOD...my book club loved it.

11.  Meet Me At the Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan - it is a light-hearted read

12.  The Time Between by Karen White - very good

13.  The Orphan Train by Kristina Baker Kline - historical fiction...good read

14.  Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger

15.  The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin - this is her debut book

16.  The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin - it is about the wife of Charles Lindbergh

17.  City of Women by David R. Gillham - WWII

18.  The Roots of the Olive Tree by Courtney Miller Santo

19.  The House of Serenades by Lina Simoni - about an Italian family.  :)

20.  A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison

21.  Little Black Dress by Susan McBride - a fun read

22.  Mudbound by Hillary Jordan - very good

23.  Room by Emma Donoghue - a bit depressing, but good

24. The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom

25.  The Tenth Gift by Jane Johnson

26.  The Shadow of The Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon 

27.  The Cleaner of Chartres by Salley Vickers

28.  The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

*Image courtesy of:  http://www.cba-va.org/


18 comments:

  1. Orphan Train is my favorite book too! The characters stay with you way after the last page is turned. I am so lucky, I got to know Christina Baker Kline (she helped edit my book). She is such an amazing and sweet woman. I can't wait for her next book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orphan Train was quite good. AWESOME that you got to meet Ms. Kline.

    I will be looking for her next book too.

    THANKS for stopping, Hilary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great list. I've read only a few!
    http://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/2014/02/book-beginnings-moving-target-by-ja.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS for stopping, Cozy in Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all sound fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great list, I loved NecessarY Lies. It was both heart warming and heart breaking, and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still have not read Lavender Garden! What is going on with me. I did love The Time Between by Karen White!

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Several of these are on my TBR list. I really want to read The Lavender Garden. I thought The Aviator's Wife was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BookitBK...thanks so much for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Necessary Lies was good...thanks for stopping, Irene.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You need to read THE LAVENDER GARDEN. :)

    THE TIME BETWEEN was amazing...I loved it.

    THANKS for stopping, Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura...thanks for stopping.

    The Aviator's Wife was good. Loved The Lavender Garden. I hope you get to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list, Elizabeth! All books I've either read or want to read!

    Hope your Mom's health steadily improves. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. THANKS, Catherine. Mom is a strong woman so we hope that will help with her recovery.

    Glad you have read some of the ones I have on my list.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've read 4 of those and The Shadow in the Wind is on my favorites list too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVED Shadow of the Wind.

    THANKS for stopping, stacybuckeye.

    ReplyDelete