Friday, April 8, 2016

Stars Over Sunset Boulevard by Susan Meissner



Violet, the Southern Belle, and Audry, the aspiring actress met by chance, became roommates, and worked at the same secretarial pool at Selznick International.

The stages of Gone With The Wind were the feature of the book along with Violet and Audry's personal lives.

STARS OVER SUNSET BOULEVARD has the glitter of Hollywood, the disappointments of Hollywood, behind-the-scenes fun, and the wonderful, amazing friendship between Violet and Audry.

I really enjoyed STARS OVER SUNSET BOULEVARD because of the warmth of the characters.  It wasn't as much about Hollywood, as it was about friends, lives, and choices.

STARS OVER SUNSET BOULEVARD will enchant and delight all women's fiction fans and of course fans of Hollywood and Gone With the Wind.  

Don't miss reading this beautifully written, touching book. 

You will not be disappointed with the love and tenderness along with some jealousy that oozes off the pages with Violet and Audry's enduring friendship.

A lovely, heartwarming read that will have you thinking about your friendships. 

ENJOY....I definitely did.   5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review. 
  

20 comments:

  1. I hope you get to read this book.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good but I think I would want more about Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think you would like it, Kathy.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  3. Stars Over Sunset Boulevard sounds like a fun read and being a Gone with the Wind fan will have to look into it. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment on my review.

      I think you would enjoy the book, Whitney.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  4. I've seen this around on book blogs but didn't think initially it would be my cup of tea. But you've sold me on it. My library has a copy so it's joined one of my lists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are going to give it a try.

      Thanks for stopping, Wooly Cakes and Wooden Spoons.

      Delete
  5. Reminds me of China Dolls by Lisa See.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't read that book, but sounds good.

      Thanks for stopping, Judy.

      Delete
  6. I was going to go put it on my TBR...but it's already there! (So many books...TOO LITTLE TIME!) Have a great weekend, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won a copy of the book in my giveaway. :)

      I hope you have received it.

      Thanks for stopping, LuAnn.

      Delete
  7. Glad you liked it! I really want to read this. I will be reading one of her older novels, A Fall of Marigolds, this month for book group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that was a good read.

      ENJOY, and thanks for stopping, Christina T.

      Delete
    2. Read that one via audiobook - some amazing unexpected twists - Really liked it!

      Delete
    3. Nice that you listened to it on audio

      I do audios once in a while.

      Thanks for stopping, Faith Hope and Cherrytea.

      Delete
  8. Another SUsan Meissner fan here, I look forward to reading this new release.
    Thanks for posting, Elizabeth - and
    happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Faith Hope and Cherrytea.

      Delete
  9. So glad you enjoyed this. I've been curious about what your review would show. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...it was a good read.

      I haven't read any of her other books, but I hear they are quite good.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  10. I always enjoy her books.

    I hope you get to read this one if you haven't.

    ReplyDelete