Wednesday, March 22, 2017

A Bridge Across The Ocean by Susan Meissner

 **********
Three women, three stories, three connected lives.

Annaliese, Brett​e​, and Simone were connected by WWII and ghosts.

A BRIDGE ACROSS THE OCEAN takes us from WWII to present day with three intriguing stories.

Annaliese was a German girl, Brett was a present-day American who had inherited an unusual gift, and Simone was a French girl who fell in love with an American during WWII.

Even though ghosts appear in this novel, the ghosts are what connects the present to the past for the three main characters.  It isn't a major theme, but a good one.​  The paranormal aspect didn't detract from the wonderful, detailed story line.​


​The characters were all ones that you couldn't help but sympathize with and love.​

​Annaliese's story was my favorite simply because of the mystery surrounding her.​  


Brette's story was interesting even though I am not interested in paranormal, but her ability to see spirits added another layer to the book and made connections between characters.  

Simone's story was sweet, sad, and very plausible.

​What I enjoyed was learning about the RMS Queen Mary that was first used as a war ship then a ship that brought WWII European brides back to America to be united with their husbands.​


A BRIDGE ACROSS THE OCEAN is another truly enjoyable, emotional book by Ms. Meissner.   

The final pages and revelations are marvelous...loved the book. 5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.


15 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping.

    I hope you are able to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay,the paranormal part made me worry a bit, but you set those concerns to rest. Now I am intrigued.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it as you can see.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  3. Yes, an enjoyable novel. I liked it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had my eye on this one ever since you posted the cover in one of your Monday posts. You're on a roll with 5-star books. I hope I get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping back to see my review.

      Oh yes on the 5-star books. :)

      I hope you are able to read the book soon too.

      Thanks, Kathy.

      Delete
  5. I have had my eye on this one too so good to hear you enjoyed it. I don't mind paranormal - in books only!! Will read it I do believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will enjoy the story line, Kathryn.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  6. I've seen this one around and now your review has decided me. It sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful to hear I helped you decide. Love hearing comments like this.

      ENJOY the book, Susan, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  7. Oh, you almost got me, but sorry... ghosts... I think not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ghosts aren't prevalent, but I understand how you feel.

      Thanks for your comment, Davida.

      Delete