Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Cocoa Beach by Beatriz Williams


Falling in love and marrying during a war usually turns out to be a good thing, but for Virginia Fortescue Fitzwilliam it wasn't working out.

Virginia fell in love, married, and then spent hardly any time with her husband.  The war is over, she still hasn't seen him, and then she returns to the United States to her father and her sister. 

Her family has secrets, and she finds out Simon does too. Simon seems to be the perfect manipulator and liar.

We follow Virginia and Simon Fitzwilliam as the book goes back and forth from WWI to after the war and as their love affair blossomed and faded and the secrets Simon held were revealed.

After three years of not seeing Simon, a fire in Cocoa Beach claimed his life, Virginia went there to settle things, and her adventure in Florida begins...well if you want to call it an adventure.   An adventure is to be fun, but Virginia runs into trouble and more secrets.

COCOA BEACH had beautifully detailed writing.  It was a bit slow at first, but the story line was marvelous as always and filled with mystery.

COCOA BEACH is another winner by Beatriz Williams that keeps you turning the pages wanting to know what really happened and what really was going on.  

Something sinister was brewing throughout, and the end will have you saying: What?  Who was the bigger liar?

ENJOY if you read COCOA BEACH...a marvelous, thoughtful read with mystery and a lot of questions.  4/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.



18 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed reading Cocoa Beach. I am seeing a lot of this book (on blogs) and will keep it in mind. Terrific review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suko.

      It was good as are all of her books.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  2. I love Williams' work so I'll be sure to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...her books are always good.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. I'm seeing this a lot. And I've never read this author. Could be a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would start with A HUNDRED SUMMERS or THE SECRET LIFE OF VIOLET GRANT.

      She has similar characters in her books, but you don't necessarily have to read the previous books to follow the story line.

      Thanks for stopping, Lloyd.

      Delete
  4. I've had my eye on this one for a while. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will enjoy it, Laurel.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. The story sounds rather interesting. Secrets abound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes..I love secrets. LOL!!

      Thanks for stopping, Ti.

      Delete
  6. That sounds very good! I love the cover and remember seeing it this past week. Glad to hear it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...good. A bit slow getting started, but worth the wait.

      Thanks for stopping, Anna.

      Delete
  7. Aha now who was the bigger liar? That is an interesting question. Looking forward to eventually catching up with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Kathryn.

      You will like the book.

      Delete
  8. This sounds like one I'd enjoy and since I've liked a few of her previous books I'll add it to the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy her books.

      I think you will like this one too, Mary.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  9. I'm glad this one was a winner for you. Makes me even more eager to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read it.

      It was a bit slow at first, but turned out good.

      All of her books are good.

      Thanks for stopping, Laura.

      Delete