Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Hundred Gifts by Jennifer Scott


An empty nest, a cooking class, an ornery neighbor, and fun-loving women who wanted to learn how to cook.

Brenda had an empty nest, nothing to do to pass the time, and a husband that didn't pay attention to her.

When Brenda happened upon Paula who was starting a business that was a cooking class, Brenda thought being a cooking teacher would be something good for her.

Brenda got into more than she bargained for, though.  The class burned food and had to deal with a complaining neighbor who lived above the classroom, but luckily Brenda also met a wonderful group of women.

Virginia, the lady who lived above the classroom, always barged into the class and complained about noise and smells.  The students didn't know what to make of her at first or how to handle her, but they figured they should try a little kindness.  Did that work?

I laughed out loud and thoroughly enjoyed this book.  It was witty, heartwarming, light, addressed family issues, and had a lovely ending.

A perfect book to boost your spirits and to give as a Christmas gift.

ENJOY!!!  5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation in return for an honest review.






18 comments:

  1. I love when an author can make someone laugh. I will check this one out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Em-Musing.

      Delete
  2. I'm hoping to squeeze this in before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we both enjoyed it! I'm glad I had a chance to read it. Nice review, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I liked your review too.

      It was very enjoyable.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  4. Have not read this one but I did read and enjoy Kitchens of the Great Midwest--more the darker side of cooking and family issues but fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book sounds good, Judy.

      I think you will like The Hundred Gifts.

      Thanks for stopping, Judy.

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a nice 'laugh out loud' book. Thanks for your review! :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was entertaining.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  6. Hmmm 5/5 is a strong recommendation, had already put it in my wish list so it makes even more reason to keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear it is on your wish list.

      You will love it, Kathryn.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathryn.

      Delete
  7. Looks like fun an the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cover is gorgeous...love it.

      The book was wonderful.

      Thanks for stopping, stacybuckeye.

      Delete
  8. Yay on a good, simple read. I'll be keeping it on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good read and funny at times.

      Thanks for stopping, Stefanie. I hope you get to read the book.

      Delete
  9. I liked the sound of this before your review but now I am even more tempted. I've added it to my wish list -- which is growing out of control thanks to Monday Reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...that happens.

      You will love the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      Delete