Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Lake House by Kate Morton


Alice the author and sister of Theo and Sadie the detective.

Would these two women be able to find information about the disappearance
70 years ago of 11-month old Theo ​​if they worked together on this cold case even though the police had not been able to find one clue or to find Theo?

Alice had lived the nightmare of her brother's disappearance, and Sadie wanted to investigate the years-old case after she found the sprawling, abandoned estate of the Edevane family.

I LOVED exploring the estate and finding the clues of the case with Sadie and finding things that were left by the family.  I would have loved to live on the estate as well as to be a part of the investigating.

THE LAKE HOUSE goes back and forth in time and is filled with mystery, hidden passageways, intrigue, family secrets, and all of Ms. Morton's wonderful, creative writing skills, marvelous story lines, and descriptions that get better each time you turn the page and that put you right at the scene or definitely wanting to be there with the characters.  

​Ms. Morton knows how to keep her readers interested and not want the book to end.​  Twists and turns seem to be Ms. Morton's trademark along with marvelous, surprise endings.  And what a spectacular ending THE LAKE HOUSE has.  You will love it!!


Ms. Morton had me hooked on her book THE FORGOTTEN GARDEN, and THE LAKE HOUSE is going to be right up there with it as one of my all-time favorites.  5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.​



15 comments:

  1. LOVED the book. Love all of Ms. Morton's books.

    Thanks for stopping everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kate Morton's books. She's an incredible writer. This sounds like another one that will grab me. Thanks for the good review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love it.

      ENJOY when you read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Eluzabeth.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful review! I'll have to get a copy of this soon. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. Glad you enjoyed my review.

      Loved the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  4. Glad you liked the book. So many readers are into it and love her writing. I have it on my TBR b/c of all of you and am glad it was a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was VERY good. All of Ms. Morton's books are awesome.

      ENJOY when you read the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Stefanie.

      Delete
  5. I picked up The Lake House after seeing it on your Mailbox Monday post. Now, I'm looking forward to it even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ENJOY when you read it. I know you will love it if you like historical fiction and digging around for clues. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Mary M.

      Delete
  6. This sounds so good - I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is VERY good, Kathy.

      Have you read her other books?

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  7. So glad to hear you loved it too. Kate Morton is one of my favourite authors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is one my favorite authors too.

      Thanks for stopping, Teddyree.

      Delete
  8. This is one book on my wishlist though its going to be a while before I find it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you will love it when you do read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

      Delete