Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Blogger New Year's Challenge - 1/12/16


Join Rachel of Parajunkee.com for The Book Blogger New Year’s Challenge that will begin on January 1 and run for 14 days.

Day 12: A 2015 Blogger Horror Story

I had a link on my blog that was a counter.  The counter and the host of the counter went out of business or some such thing, and it took my entire blog with it to a different site.

No one could access my site until I figured out what the problem was and deleted the link.

It kept redirecting everyone to another site when they came to my blog.  It wasn't a virus, just a discontinued link.

I was in a panic because I had reviews waiting and a publisher waiting for the review.

Thankfully my son and my cousin figured it all out and all has been well ever since.

Thank goodness for these brilliant youngsters. 








11 comments:

  1. That was a real horror story for me.

    I hope no one has really awful stories.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of odd things like that in the internet world. Glad you figured out what the problem was. Yes, thank goodness for smart young ones. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awful.

      Yes. Thank goodness for these tech savvy kids.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Oh my....it was horrible.

      I was freaked out.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  4. Oh no! I cannot stand when things like that happen! It's a pain for everyone. I can understand not wanting to host something anymore, but ensure that it will not affect other blogs, just yours, if you chose to not offer that specific thing anymore!

    I'm glad you got it figured out and could move on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No...not going to have a counter on my blog again.

      It was very upsetting.

      Thanks for stopping, Punkiee V.

      Delete
  5. Oh, no! Not sure what I'd do in that situation. I'm just not all that techie. Glad it worked out.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They knew exactly what to look for and how to do it.

      They found the offending link right away.

      It was awful.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  6. I agree, thank goodness our kids seem to have a knack for figuring tech things out. My youngest has pulled me out of a few tech jams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. I know. It's great what they know how to do. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete