Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Forgotten Room by Karen White, Beatriz Williams, and Lauren Willig


Three women, three generations​....what is their connection? 

​Olive, Lucy, and Kate are the women. We learn about the​m in alternating chapters from 1892 to 1944 as the connection is hinted at it while we the reader try to figure out just how it all links together.

A house, a ruby necklace, a law firm, and an injured soldier start the connection and get the pieces together in this beautifully told story filled with love, loss, revenge, and secrets.

​The house belongs to the Pratt family where Olive worked as a housemaid in​ 1892 and the housemaid that was forced to be painted by one of the Pratt's sons.

The ruby necklace is one that Kate's mother gave her but would never wear.

The law firm is where Lucy worked and where Lucy was trying to find out what she could about the Pratt house and Harry Pratt.

The injured soldier is mesmerized by Kate and said she looks exactly like someone he knew a long time ago.

I absolutely loved THE FORGOTTEN ROOM.

The three main characters were colorful, interesting, and perfectly portrayed the time period they were representing.  Their connection is gradually revealed as each chapter adds more details to each woman's life and adds answers to how they are connected.

Ms. White, Ms. Williams, and Ms. Willig flawlessly combined their talents and put together a brilliant, intriguing, amazing book that has twists, secrets, and history.

THE FORGOTTEN ROOM is a book that historical fiction and women's fiction fans will devour.

Don’t miss reading THE FORGOTTEN ROOM. 5/5


This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation in return for an honest review.


34 comments:

  1. It sounds good and I'm glad their styles meshed so well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was seamless.

      Thanks for stopping, holdenj.

      Delete
  2. Thanks. I was wondering about this one. I had a gift card, but I bought Sea Glass instead. This one next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try. You will love it.

      Thanks for stopping, Debbie.

      Delete
  3. A book written by three people. Sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they all are amazing authors.

      They did a beautiful job collaborating.

      Thanks for stopping, Harvee Lau.

      Delete
  4. This sounds like the perfect book for me. I love historical fiction like this. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love it, Diane.

      I hope you get to read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad this was a good book. I like interwoven characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good.

      Thanks for stopping, Stefanie.

      Delete
  6. I am looking forward to reading this one at some point. Everyone who has reviewed it that I follow seems to have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you will enjoy the book, Kathryn.

      I hope you get to read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathryn.

      Delete
  7. This sounds wonderful, Elizabeth! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great story.

      I love historical fiction.

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
  8. I'm going to the author event for this in two days! I'm so excited I can barely contain myself :) Great review, I haven't read one reviewer (yet) who didn't love this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am jealous!!

      Have a wonderful time.

      Those authors are amazing.

      ENJOY the event and the book when you read it.

      Thanks for stopping, OnDBookshelf.

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh, YES! It's so hard to tell that three authors collaborated and wrote this one. I can't wait until their next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fantastic collaborative effort.

      Loved the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy Reads.

      Delete
  10. This sounds fascinating and what a lovely cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful cover and a fantastic book.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary M.

      Delete
  11. I am so looking forward to reading this book. Especially now that so many are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Impressive that three authors could combine for one novel. I spotlighted this book but haven't read it. It's on my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did a beautiful job working together.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  13. Wow, you're gushing about this one! Looks like the three authors work well together. This may not be their last work together then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good, Laura.

      They worked perfectly together.

      I hope they write another book together.

      Thanks for stopping, Laura.

      Delete
  14. I really need to get my hands and eyes on this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do...you will love it.

      Thanks for stopping, stacybuckeye.

      Delete
  15. Interesting title. Found your review on Carole's linky :). I always love trying to figure out how characters are related!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes....I love looking back and finding ancestors.

      Thanks for stopping, Elizabeth.

      Delete
  16. Thanks for this review, Elizabeth. This one sounds interesting & I love a good mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good.

      Twists and turns.

      Thanks for stopping, Carol.

      Delete
  17. What an interesting concept for writing a book and by three very good writers. This one goes on the TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The authors did a beautiful job with this book.

      I think you will love it, Dorothy.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete