Saturday, January 2, 2016

Women's Fiction Reading Challenge - 2016

http://bookdate.blogspot.com/2016/01/womens-fiction-challenge-review-link-up.html


This is my first time participating in ANY challenge.

I normally shy away from challenges because I don't like the stress, but I believe I can handle the WOMEN'S FICTION CHALLENGE since I usually read this genre and historical fiction more than anything.

There are different levels to the challenge.  I am going to go with the SAAVY level to start. :)

Visit Kathryn at The BookDate if you want to join in the fun.
******** 
Levels


  • Motivated 1- 5
  • Savvy     6 - 10
  • Classy    11- 20
  • Go-Getter  20 -30
  • Fearless  30+ 
  • It looks as if I have made it to Classy and then maybe a few more to come.  :)
  • Thanks for the encouragement, Kathryn. 
 ********
Book 1: IN ANOTHER LIFE by Julie Christine Johnson - done reading on January 8.

Book 2: I'LL SEE YOU IN PARIS by Michelle Gable - done reading on January 23.

Book 3: THE RAILWAYMAN'S WIFE by Ashley Hay - done reading on February 10

Book 4: THE PASSENGER by Lisa Lutz - done February 16

Book 5: BLACK RABBIT HALL by Eve Chase - done reading on February 27.

Book 6: THE OTHER WIDOW by Susan Crawford - done reading on March 9.

Book 7: THE SECRETS OF FLIGHT by Maggie Leffler - done on March 26.

Book 8: STARS OVER SUNSET BOULEVARD by Susan Meissner - done reading on March 30.

Book 9: BRITT-MARIE WAS HERE by Fredrik Backman - done reading on April 6.

Book 10: THE CURIOUS CHARMS OF ARTHUR PEPPER by Phaedra Patrick - done reading April 28.

Book 11:  A CERTAIN AGE by Beatriz Williams - done reading May 10.

Book 12:  FLIGHT PATTERNS by Karen White - done reading on May 25.

Book 13:  SISTER DEAR by Laura McNeill - done March 21. 

Book 14:  THE MEMORY OF LEMON by Judith Fertig - done June 9.

Book 15:  RADIO GIRLS by Sarah-Jane Stratford - done  June 16

Book 16:  THE HOUSE BETWEEN TIDES by Sarah Maine - done August 3

Book 17:  THE CONFECTIONER'S TALE by Laura Madeleine - done August 22

Book 18:  LETTERS FROM PARIS by Juliet Blackwell - done August 26

Book 19:  KAROLINA'S TWINS by Ronald H. Balson - done September 2. 

Book 20 THE VELVET HOURS by Alyson Richman - done September 10. 

Book 21 LOVE, ALICE by Barbara Davis - done November 13

Book 22:  THE ORPHAN'S TALE by Pam Jenoff - done December 4

Book 22:  THE WOMEN IN THE CASTLE by Jessica Shattuck - done December 15

Book 23:  LEOPARD AT THE DOOR by Jennifer McVeigh - done - January 6, 2017 


12 comments:

  1. Looking forward to my first challenge.

    Thanks for hosting, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delighted to have you on this challenge, know you are going to ace it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you. It does seem to be a challenge in which you would read those books anyway. I have decided not to participate in any challenges this year except for a couple I've set for myself. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went for an easy one. I don't like the stress of having to read this book or this genre or a book with this subject or with this word in the title. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  4. Good luck, have fun and happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Captivated Reader.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. I am sure you will manage this very well. I did a large challenge last year and didn't even notice it was one. Well, we'll see what I will do next year.

    Happy Reading,
    Marianne from
    Let's Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marianne.

      I am reading a women's fiction right now. :) I do read a lot in that genre, so I am hoping all will be good.

      Thanks for stopping, Marianne.

      Delete
  6. Hi Elizabeth,

    Challenges just become far too stressful, so having made the decision some time ago to quit them, I don't aim to start again.

    Even setting an overall reading goal on Goodreads, sets me off in a spin :)

    You have a great selection of titles on your list and I know that I already have several of them on my own reading pile.

    Good Luck on becoming a Go-Getter :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I normally do not do challenges, but women's fiction is my main reading genre so I decided it wouldn't be that stressful.

      Not sure I will get much higher on the level I have reached.

      Thank you as always for stopping and for your wonderful comments, Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. I will add the links to THE ORPHAN'S TALE and THE WOMEN IN THE CASTLE when the review goes live.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete