Friday, March 6, 2015

Mist of Midnight by Sandra Byrd

Was this woman the "real" Miss Ravenshaw or was the Miss Ravenshaw that was at Headbourne House a few weeks ago the "real" Miss Ravenshaw.

Rebecca Ravenshaw arrived with her chaperone from India after her parents were killed in an uprising and she was the only one in the family that had survived.  Miss Ravenshaw had no place to go but back to her family mansion in England.  When she arrived, everyone was shocked beyond belief.

How can this be Miss Ravenshaw when she committed suicide not more than a few weeks ago and is buried in the estate's cemetery. Is this Miss Ravenshaw the imposter or was the f​irst Miss Ravenshaw the imposter?  Was the first Miss Ravenshaw murdered for her inheritance?  Will the current Miss Ravenshaw have the same fate?

MIST OF MIDNIGHT has a hint of sinister to it.  None of the characters can be trusted especially her cousin Captain Luke Whitfield.  As the days go on, though, Rebecca falls in love with Luke and he seems to return the affection, but is he simply pretending to have affection for Rebecca?  Is he the one who killed the imposter so he could inherit the family mansion? Will he also murder Rebecca for the family mansion?

​We the readers will be taken into English society and attend balls and mingle with the English aristocrats as we try to figure out who is genuine, who is an imposter, and who is only out for money.​

MIST OF MIDNIGHT dragged a bit at the beginning, but the mystery and intrigue kept me going. As mist covers the estate grounds at night, it adds suspense, questions, jealousy, and finally love.  4/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.


 

17 comments:

  1. I hope you get to read this book.

    Thanks for stopping

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made a request for this book after reading several reviews. Thanks for yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good once I got started.

      ENJOY, Mystica.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I just stopped by your blog. Fantastic review.

      It was a good book.

      Thanks for stopping, Colleen.

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed it also! I was sucked in from the start, though usually beginnings are slow for me, I thought this one jumped right in. Plus I love the cover!! Have a happy weekend!!

    Erin
    Hook of a Book
    www.hookofabook.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...I did enjoy it. I loved the setting and the characters.

      Cover is GREAT. That pulled me in from the start.

      Thanks for stopping, hookofabook.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed this book, Elizabeth! It sounds both sinister and suspenseful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was both sinister and suspenseful for sure. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for selecting my book to review and then reviewing it! Glad you enjoyed. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy your book, Ms. Byrd. I also read your book, The Secret Keeper.

      Thanks for the enjoyable Mist of Midnight read.

      Thanks for stopping by my blog, Sandra.

      Delete
  7. Looks like a good read - I adore the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite good.

      I love the cover too.

      Thanks for stopping, Sheila.

      Delete
  8. Glad to hear you enjoyed this one as well. I love novels full of mystery and intrigue. Thanks for commenting on my review, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good book.

      Yes...your review was nice as well.

      Thanks for stopping, Sarah.

      Delete
  9. I love books with a hint of sinister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. :)

      Enjoy if you read the book.

      Thanks for stopping,stacybuckeye.

      Delete