Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Night, Night Sleep Tight by Hallie Ephron

 
How could coming home to help your father get the house ready to sell turn into such a nightmare?

Deirdre dutifully said she would help her father with the house, but when she arrived, she found him at the bottom of the swimming pool. When did this happen? Who could have done this? Could she have done it and not realized it considering her past that she was just finding out about?

NIGHT, NIGHT SLEEP TIGHT was quite gripping and suspenseful.  All of the things that were happening made me wonder if they were really by chance or if someone had planned them to frame Deirdre.  After all, Deirdre's brother was sound asleep in their childhood home when she arrived.  And what was it with folks from her past coming out of the woodwork and secrets about what actually happened the night of her car accident being revealed?

The characters were quite colorful with most of them on the untrustworthy side.  They all seemed likely suspects in the  murder and subsequently the garage fire.  Deirdre seemed to be the only honest one and the one being blamed.

I really enjoyed NIGHT, NIGHT SLEEP TIGHT.  The suspense began with the first few paragraphs, and it didn't stop.  


NIGHT, NIGHT SLEEP TIGHT was a mystery and character analysis all rolled into one.

If you enjoy uncertainty, excitement, and tension at its finest, don't miss reading NIGHT, NIGHT SLEEP TIGHT.   


NIGHT, NIGHT SLEEP TIGHT was ohhh so good and a book I couldn't wait to get back to.  5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.


 

15 comments:

  1. A suspense-lover's dream.

    ENJOY the book if you read it.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, this one is on my list already. Your review makes it sound ever better. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good. I hope you get to read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is quite good, Elizabeth.

      I hope you enjoy it when you read it.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  4. Uh oh! I can see yet another book needs to be added to my TBR. Loved the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. Glad you liked my review.

      I think you will really like the book. It was quite good.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. I have been eagerly awaiting this one...I love this author! And today, finally, it downloaded onto Sparky (I pre-ordered it). I don't think I am going to be able to wait very long to dive in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dive in and ENJOY, Laurel.

      Can't wait to hear what you think.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  6. This does sound suspenseful, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good if you like suspense.

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
  7. Well, this certainly sounds a bit spooky and as if it might be a thrilling read. Another one for my very unwieldy TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good mystery.

      Enjoy it when you read the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Dorothy.

      Delete
  8. Hi Elizabeth,

    Several blog sites have featured this book over the course of the last few weeks, and up until now I have managed not to check out any reviews, nor add the book to my own 'Want To Read' list.

    Your review has tipped the balance however and this one is firmly added to the list ... I am a real sucker for a suspense thriller, so i don't need too much encouragement.

    Thanks for sharing and for a well thought out review :)

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne, for the compliment about my review.

      I am glad my review tipped the balance for you. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete