Tuesday, July 12, 2016

All Is Not Forgotten by Wendy Walker


A small town, a perfect town, a town with secrets, and a town with the not so perfect residents they think they are.

The night Jenny Kramer is attacked is the night that the town gets turned upside down along with her fami​ly.  Jenny's father is obsessed with finding her attacker, and the town can't believe something like this could happen in Fairview, Connecticut.

The horrible attack on Jenny brought about a decision her parents ​had to make concerning a drug that would erase Jenny's complete memory of the attack.

Mr. and Mrs. Kramer were at odds about the drug, but they did agree to go ahead with the treatment.

Along with the treatment comes a psychiatrist, Dr. Forrester, who administered the treatment as well as the doctor who provided therapy for the entire family.

The author definitely expands the reader's knowledge about psychiatric therapy​ as Dr. Forrester interviews Jenny, her family, and a character named Sean.

​We the reader follow the investigation and question who really is the attacker.

ALL IS NOT FORGOTTEN is a powerful, amazingly written read.  The story line is highly developed, carried out in an organized fashion, and gives the reader a lot to think about.

You will be frustrated at first because you don't know who the narrator is, but it becomes apparent and is revealed a few chapters in.​

By chapter 18 you will be biting your fingernails and be on the edge of your seat with the suspense, possible findings, and seeing how cunning and evil some of the characters are.​

Reading ALL IS NOT FORGOTTEN​ was a definite treat on an intellectual leve​l, ​and the approach to the book's subject was unique. 

ALL IS NOT FORGOTTEN was a tense, stay-with-you psychological thriller and will make you wonder if folks are really who they appear to be.  4/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation in return for an honest review.


18 comments:

  1. I LOVE this book and think of it more as a mental manipulation or psychological study, I guess. I was fascinated by that drug and how the brain works while on edge throughout. Great review, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy.

      It was mental manipulation.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a page turner. I'm curious about the narrator after your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was frustrating, but all works out. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. I'm planning on reading this one soon. Have heard mixed reactions, but I'm definitely intrigued. And a movie is supposed to be coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite good.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      I hope you like it if you read it.

      Delete
  4. I loved this one, too...and it was frustrating not knowing who the narrator was. And then later, watching some of his actions made me bite my nails. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely did not like the narrator.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Good to hear you had the same reaction to the book. :)

      Delete
  5. Great review. I think I need to add this to my list of 'must reads'. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like the book, Diane.

      I hope you get to read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  6. Sounds absolutely brilliant. Aren't authors so wonderful how they come up with all the ins and outs. Eww sounds like the narrator was a baddie! So was that narrator on it the whole book through?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...the narrator was throughout the book.

      It was brilliantly written.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathryn.

      Delete
  7. This is on my review stack (and I'm hosting a US Giveaway today!). Glad you liked it (despite the narrator), Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was excellent except waiting to find out who the narrator was.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  8. Ohhh I just read another blog two seconds ago reviewing this! XD I'm definitely intrigued by it but kind of cautious because I heard the style is also a bit detached/clinical because of who's narrating? It seems like such a brutal story though, omg. I'm glad it was done well and a good read!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very intellectual but still good.

      I hope you read it and like it, Cait.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  9. Oh, no! Elizabeth, this sounds like another book to add to my Wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like it.

      I hope you get to read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete