Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Where The Wild Cherries Grow by Laura Madeleine


A lost woman, an estate in shambles, a diary, and the South of France.   Who doesn't love all of these things...especially a diary.

Bill Perch was left to the task of finding Emeline Vane by searching the run down family estate for clues about what happened to her. When he arrived, he found trees growing out of the roof and a total mess.  Where is Emeline after all of these years, and why has Hallerton House been left in such a state?

When Bill entered the house, he did find a room of boxes and papers and began his search there. When he dug into a floor board and found a diary with Emeline's name on it, he knew his search was most likely over, and that he hit the jackpot. Bill was happy but also sad because he truly and unfortunately had become attached to Hallerton House and Emeline.

I was very curious to see what Bill would find in those musty papers and diary, and if he could find out where Emeline went.  For me, looking through old papers would be such fun.

I always enjoy books that move back and forth in time and have treasures to search through as the pieces of an earlier age are put together to get to the truth or mystery.

WHERE THE WILD CHERRIES GROW was an incredible read for me.  I became engaged with the characters and the setting. 


Oh to be there on Bill's journey and to be with Emeline, Clemence, and Aaro to smell the delicious aromas, taste the food, and see the beautiful landscape.  The description of the food will have your mouth watering.

Ms. Madeleine has a smooth, beautiful writing style that pulled me in and kept me intrigued with the story line.


The ending was marvelous.  5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.

22 comments:

  1. A good story, food, and landscape will pull me in every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The setting pulled me in.

      Thanks for commenting, Harvee Lau. I hope you get to read the book.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I can tell how much you loved this. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful. The atmosphere just pulled me in.

      ENJOY when you read the book, Kathy.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I agree....a diary I sent the best! And this cover! Can’t wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of things that make a book cozy and inviting are in this book.

      ENJOY when you read it. I wasn't too thrilled with the cover. :)

      Thanks for commenting, recca.

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a terrific story. Wonderful review, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you about my review.

      It was very good, Suko.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  5. I also love books that take the reader through interesting searches to find out mysteries from the past. Thanks for sharing...great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful read.

      Thanks about my review, and thanks for commenting, Laurel.

      Delete
  6. Okay another book to add to my ever growing reading wishlist!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....I think you will love it. ENJOY when you do read it.

      Thanks for commenting, Captivated Reader.

      Delete
    2. Captivated Reader, I just clicked over to your blog. I LOVE the watercolor background! Did you do that yourself? It's gorgeous.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It was a very lovely read.

      Thanks for commenting, Working Girl.

      Delete
  8. Hi elizabeth, this looks like a goodie. Please bring this over to Books You Loved: February so everyone can see it. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds great and I do hope there was a really good explanation at the end of the journey for Bill. In my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to read the book to find out. :)

      Thanks for commenting, Kathryn.

      Delete
  10. 5/5, now I really want to read this book. Nice review, Elizabeth. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know what to expect since the cover wasn't a favorite, but the book was very good.

      ENJOY when you read it.

      Delete