Wednesday, September 5, 2018

The Summer Sail by Wendy Francis


Three college friends getting together for their yearly catch-up decided on a cruise paid for by Abby and her husband.

Abby had a loving husband, twin boys, and a secret.

Lee was a single mother with a college-aged daughter who had problems of her own.

Caroline was single and hoping her boyfriend of three years would propose to her on the cruise.

All the characters worked well with each other.  Ms. Francis made each character come alive with most being likable.

The story line was pleasant and made you want to go on a cruise to Bermuda as well as think about all your blessings.

If you need a pick me up and an idea for getting back together with friends from your younger years, THE SUMMER SAIL will make you want to give your best girlfriends a call and suggest meeting. 

THE SUMMER SAIL was a lovely change of pace for me.  This book is about love, friendship, caring, and learning to live life to the fullest. 

There were some nice quotes to think about as well. 

ENJOY when you read THE SUMMER SAIL.  4/5

This book was given to me as an ARC by the author.  All opinions are my own.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a relaxing read and I do like it when a sentence is thrown in that makes me think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the quotes.

      Thanks for commenting, Kathryn.

      Delete
  2. I read this a while back. You nailed it! And isn’t the cover fabulous. I just want to lay back in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes...the cover is FAB.

      Thanks for commenting, reeca.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a sweet beach book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review, Elizabeth. I enjoyed this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, this one sounds delightful...and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very delightful and good.

      Thanks for commenting, Laurel.

      Delete
  6. Adding this to my list to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like it, Vicki.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  7. Probably the closet I'll ever be to a cruise. haha

    ReplyDelete