Tuesday, July 21, 2026

The Story Keeper by Kelly Rimmer

Fiona Winslow bought her Uncle Tad’s house that she had grown up in.

Her cousin Jon was Tad’s son, and he inherited the house but didn’t want it because he said there are ghosts inside.

When Fiona arrives, she sees the house is a total disaster because Uncle Tad has been gone for ten years and nothing was maintained.

Fiona is an architect and wants to restore the house even though it is going to be a monumental task.

While cleaning out the house, Fiona finds a box of books that her uncle never opened.

Was he going to give each family member one like he always did? 

Did he know the author?

Did he write it under a pen name?

Fiona begins to read the book and finds connections between the house and this novel.

We go from present day to the book’s storyline and try with Fiona to piece together how everything in the book relates to the house.

I enjoyed both storylines and loved how there was a book within another book.

This is one of the most clever storylines I have ever read.  

I didn't want to put the book down, and I don't think you will want to either.  5/5

Thank you to the publisher for a copy of this book.  All opinions are my own.



1 comment: