Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe - Jenny Colgan

A baker, a real estate agent, and then back to a baker.  Issy Randall had come full circle in her life, but could the circle be completed?

Issy lost her job at the real estate agency and was at a loss as to what she could do for a living.  She wanted to do something creative this time around. She decided to open a cupcake shop since she had Grandpa’s recipes and his inherent baking talent to back her up.  Issy started out having a rough time with her new endeavor, but she wasn't giving up just yet. 
The characters in the book worked well together, were easily visualized, and will have you rooting for their successes as well as shedding tears for their losses.  Issy was a sweet, loveable character who found good in everyone just like her Grandpa. 


MEET ME AT THE CUPCAKE CAFE is absolutely adorable just like the main character, Issy, and focuses on finding happiness, sharing happiness, and developing wonderful friendships.   

Once I started reading this charming book, I didn't want to stop because I needed to see what Issy's next move was. The recipes at the end of the chapters added that extra special touch and were connected to what was happening in Issy's life during that particular part of the book.  The cupcake and cake recipes sounded so yummy. 


Ms. Colgan’s book is an endearing, delightful read that will raise your spirits and definitely have you making something sugary or running out to buy something sugary at your favorite pastry shop.   
The book was as sweet as the icing on Issy's cupcakes, and a book that will leave a cozy, warm feeling with you as you share Issy's successes and heartbreaks.  Don't miss this enjoyable, heartwarming read.  5/5
This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.


18 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun. I know there is also a mystery series that features a baker and has recipes throughout the books. I think the author is Joanne Fluke. Maybe you would enjoy those books too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I do hope you link this one in. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read one of Jenny Colgan's books before (can't remember which one) and thought it was delightful. Nothing too taxing, but if you want to just enjoy a light, fun book she's a good author to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like one to put into my TBR pile. I notice lots of books these days include recipes that are often very scrummy and tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh ... this sounds like a light and fun summer read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a happy book! I need those from time to time after I read more serious books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So glad you liked it. Coming up soon on my to-read list myself. Can't wait! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds adorable and I love that recipes are included. I want a cupcake now too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book was sweet and adorable as I commented.

    Yes...makes you hungry. :)

    I hope everyone gets to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book looks like a lot of fun, and the fact that I'm a cupcake freak is favorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one does sound like a sweet read; maybe a good read to take to the park as a light, fun distraction :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love Jenny's cupcake cafe stories, the one after this is "Christmas at the cupcake cafe", I didn't want it to end & hope there will be a 3rd edition on this adorable series
    Highly recommend them to you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love Jenny's cupcake cafe stories, the one after this is "Christmas at the cupcake cafe", I didn't want it to end & hope there will be a 3rd edition on this adorable series
    Highly recommend them to you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds good. I've read articles by Jenny Colgan and thought them very good, so I should try her books. (and perhaps her cupcakes...)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a warm and fuzzy kind of book :).

    - Chris

    ReplyDelete