Monday, September 22, 2014

The Last Breath by Kimberly Belle


Was it her husband, her lover, or an intruder that took Ella Mae's last breath?

Regardless of who the guilty party was, her husband, Ray Andrews, was convicted and sent to prison for sixteen years.  Ray was now on his way home but not because he had served his sentence but because he was dying of cancer. Will his children be there to greet him or have they forgotten him as they did when he was in prison?

THE LAST BREATH moves from past to present telling the story of Ella Mae's life before she was suffocated with Saran Wrap and her daughter's life as her father comes home.


While Gia Andrews struggles with coming home and having to face the shame of what happened sixteen years ago and finding out if her father really did kill her mother, you also follow her through her sexual romps.   Her mother's romps with her lover were also part of  storyline and definitely were a part of solving the mystery.  These descriptions aren't graphic, but I had to give a warning.
  :)

As Gia investigates, she questions her uncle who was her father's attorney about his defense and if everything was truly done to prove Ray's innocence. Could the evidence all have been false or contrived and the real killer still be free? 

Gia had to know. Would the professor writing a book about her father have the real facts or would it all be water under the bridge for now?

The book was tense and made me anxious to find out the truth and oh so good​ because you can't figure out who the guilty party really was.  You think you have it and then you change your mind.

The ending has a surprise, and it is an ending that I really liked.  :) 4/5

If you read the book, please let me know what you thought.

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.

14 comments:

  1. Would love to hear what you think if you read The Last Breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If someone like a publisher sends this to me, I'll read it and gladly share my comments :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)

    It was really good, Harvee.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love it if a publisher sends this one to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Mystica.

    I hope you get to read it.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Books In The Burb.

    I will check out what that award is, but I normally do not accept awards.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like an intriguing mystery. Great review, Elizabeth!
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this does sound like great read!! Thanks for posting a review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping, Captivated Reader.

    It was quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, it's Tina from Novel Meals, I wanted to say I liked this book review you posted on Carole's site. I love a good mystery so this will go on my list. \
    That's what I love about book sites, so many new ideas!}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear you, Tina.

    The book sites are great to meet new folks and to find GREAT books.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a good mystery this looks like a great great Elizabeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you get to read it, Michelle.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete